Motion detection super sensitive

Ever since the latest upgrade in software to both the base station and cameras, the sensitivity of the motion detection seems to be a little all over the place. Some cameras have become super sensitive, even with the motion detection turned down to basically nothing, to other turned up high and not recording anything. I haven’t changed the angle of the cameras, they are as they were before and working fine. One camera I am getting upto 50+ recordings per day, even if there is no motion. @AnkerTechnical, is there any reason why all the cameras would start behaving like this after the software upgrade?

1 Like

This happens to me also. I restarted the system and it went back to normal.

2 Likes

Good question, i also noticed that something changed. But with several hundred of videos daily it is hard for me to tell if those are birds, cats, the wind or driving by cars who cause it. It could also be that the “motion trigger radius” has been extended on software side, this could be another explanation.
(How should we know as the “update changelog” - if there is one at all - is not detailed, complete and therefore not even worth “the paper written on”?! and we never know what they are doing, have changed?)

@AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical @AnkerSupport
It is more than time that they finally fix the activity zones, so that we finally can define motion detection zones where only records are made when, like the name says already, motion is detected in that zones!

This will at least reduce the massive number of records per day which are empty or the record was triggered in an area that should not trigger it.

1 Like

@Bax, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately that didn’t fix my issue. I now get a “Please add camera or sensor.(-106) error. @AnkerTechnical any suggestions on why this would be?

@yamyam, I totally agree with you on all fronts.
We need to have notification of the change logs, then we know what to expect and raise with the team if it doesn’t work or there are issues. For. Two systems costing over $2000AUD, I would expect better testing before release. Unless @AnkerTechnical are happy to pay us to conduct their user testing.

2 Likes

Hello! @Ads_Eufy At the current stage, At the current stage, the camera will be triggered by all moving objects with temperature. As to the maximal distance for detection of an object, depending on the height and angle, the sensor of camera can detect objects with temperature moving as far as 25-30ft (8-10m) away in a general way. Sometimes, the wind and the moving air may result in the slight change of temperature so that the camera might be falsely triggered for recording by potential rising ‘heat’.

Since our engineers release some firmware upgrade before, the sensitivity of camera become higher than that before. Could you please try turning down the Sensitivity Level in the eufy Security App to see whether it helps (Step: Slide the left menu and Go to My Devices>Associated Camera>Motion Detection>Set detection sensitivity level)?

Warm tips: we also recommend using the ‘Motion Detection Test Mode’ in the App to test the camera’s motion detection sensitivity and adjust a more appropriate level of motion detection (Step: Slide the left menu> Go to My Devices> Associated cameras>Motion Detection>‘Motion Detection Test Mode’).

In addition, please also help to check whether you enable the ‘Optimal Battery Life’ in Camera Working Mode. If no, please select ‘Optimal Battery Life’ , under which the system can automatically adjust the detection time period to reduce the chances of detecting the same object twice in a short period.

Hi @AnkerSupport, thanks for the detailed response. I have tried all of those suggestions before posting and a few more to see if I could stop the cameras going off so much. If things such as wind setting the camera off, I do note the recording is like a bright flash of light, records when there is nothing to record. Other instances of recording 10mtrs away recording is greater, which is good and bad. It would be even better if the geo fencing was actually working. I don’t believe it is even at a stage for beta stage testing, that’s how bad it is. I’ve worked in technology fields for years and honestly, if it were my product, I wouldn’t release it, it’s rather embarrassing to say the least.
I also noted that there were further updates tonight to both the base station and cameras. Can we please have release notes so we know what is being downloaded? @yamyam

All we know and all the sparse information (as always) we got from eufy for the latest updates are:

We all pray and demand detailed, frequent and complete changelogs since close to a year now!
Would make just some hours of work each year, to release them very detailed, with explanations, in this forum for example, at the same place, thread only postable for admins. Would be a helpful and clear thing. No chance. @AnkerOfficial ist just deaf in this case. Sad.

1 Like

@yamyam it’s like talking to a wall? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Maybe a software update can fix this

1 Like

Yes, or like fighting against windmills! But maybe @AnkerOfficial does not want to have a centralized and detailed, complete and explained changelog?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like