New installation of Eufy system in UK

Just spent second day with Eufy system (2 cams). Just can’t seem to reduce the number of false triggers from trees and bushes in the garden. I’ve reduced the sensitivity to the point that it doesn’t pick people sometimes at all. I thought these things were only supposed to activate if they sensed heat AND movement. Is this not the case?
I’ve also tried the active zone thing and it just doesn’t seem to make any difference. Every leaf and branch seems to be triggering it.
I’m at the point where I’m ready to give up but I really want to try to get it working.
Can anyone suggest anything please?

2 Likes

Answer and maybe a little help: Motion detection super sensitive

The “activity zones” are crap currently and not useful at all. They need to be an hardcore update to make it work as it should (only record video if defined motion is detected in the defined activity zone(s)) - forget about this at the moment until eufy finally updates it to make it work!

Don’t … its hard work to get the eufy cam system to do what you want, i know, but after several hours of trying and adjusting and hitting cams and homebase hard with a baseball bat … it should do 99,5-99,89% of what you want it to do. Don’t give up. All you need to know is how to handle some things and that some things are just gimmicks (forever or just currently until made useful and updated).

4 Likes

Welcome to the eufy club @HomeyJay

1 Like

Hello!@HomeyJay Sincerely apologize for all inconvenience caused by the camera triggering for false recording. At the current stage, the camera will be triggered by all moving objects with temperature. The wind or moving air may result in the slight change of temperature so that the camera might be falsely triggered for recording by potential rising ‘heat’. We’ll try our best to forward your concern to our engineer team for an expectation of further improvement of the camera triggering mechanism by following firmware upgrade in the future. Sincerely thank you for your patience and valuable time!

2 Likes