Mars or Mars II and Bluetooth Speakers

Wondering what people recommend for audio connections in the more “permanent” home for their Nebula Mars I/II? I have an indoor location in my “man cave” that I might station it that I could hook it up to a receiver with, but outdoors I also have the ability to hook it up to outdoor speakers or just use the unit as is. Not sure what would sound better or what people do typically? I also have the ability to use bluetooth speakers too although a little worried of the delay…

2 Likes

If it’s like the Nebula Capsule, I’ve had no issue with audio delay via paired Bluetooth speaker. However, I haven’t tried two Bluetooths that pair to each other to offer stereo.

If I’m not mistaken, the only way to pair two speakers - like the Soundcore Flare - is through an app, which means the source of the audio has to be the same device running the app.

So, you’ll would have to have your phone connected to the projector and the speakers, and being the source of the video.

Pairing through the app is one option (and gives control of the lights etc) but you can on the Flare & Mini 2 pair two together by pressing the Bluetooth button for 3 sec…you would need one of them to be already paired with your audio source first :wink:

1 Like

Awesome! Does it activates stereo sound as well? How do you know which is right and which is left?

I believe it activates stereo sound but I’m waiting on my second Flare turning up to confirm (including left / right audio channel split)…I would guess though that the speaker paired to the audio source would be treated as left channel (mono) with the second being right to give the stereo channel playback…

Something to cover in the review :grin:

1 Like

I’ll keep that in mind! Still waiting for my Flare test unit, too. :slight_smile:

What BT speaker did you use? And what video content are you playing? I am experiencing massive 0.5s to 1s delay using Soundcore Flare+ and playing youtube on my Nebula Capsule.

You can adjust the sound in YouTube to speed up or allow down and account for audio lag. I personally did not have any issues when I used my flare with the Mars II

1 Like

I am using pair of Soundcore Flares, and it is working very good in true stereo. For movies i am using the VLC player because of audio delay function. The speakers have like 0.3 seconds delay. It would be nice if in Nebula fix this issue in the next update.

Sorry for the delay reply :frowning: I was using the first gen Bos portal speaker. Now using a UE Mega Blast. No issue with the UE either for me. I was streaming Netflix and YouTube.