Lumos Smart Bulb 2.0 Launch

You might be able to set it up using IFTTT… it wouldn’t be hard at all :grin:

1 Like

I got one on the way, I’ll let you know if I can use it with Google. Gonna compare this to my Philips hue

1 Like

#PSA

Lumos is compatible with Google Assistant.

The EufyHome app includes support for Google Assistant.

@dicejedi

1 Like

I have the tunable color version and one of the pictures of the tunable 2.0 has the color wheel. Being the smaller size, this could also make way for different styles of bulbs. Think :candle:. Perhaps this means an outdoor weather resistant version is in the works.

The color version of Lumos came out after the other two, so maybe that’s also happening here.

1 Like

Maybe yard decór is in the works as well. With the best rechargable powerbanks and solar panels

1 Like

Yes! Now we talkin’! Thank you @joshuad11 ! Okay, I’ll put my order in now!

2 Likes

Code still works! Just purchased!

2 Likes

I have 3 Lumos and all 3 can be controlled either via Alexa and/or Google (I do it daily) :slight_smile:

That is great to hear because on the product description on Amazon it says nothing about Google Assistant, just Alexa. There is a pic with GA compatibility but no verbiage. I did have my concerns but now I feel assured this will work! Thank you @kumar.sachin

1 Like

Most important to me is: how often will they get security updates. Because I don’t want them to become part of an DDos network

Thanks for sharing!

No Apple HomeKit support?

Just received the Lumos 2.0 yesterday. I gave the box to my daughter to see how long it would take for her to set up. From unboxing, setting up eufy app, connecting Wi-Fi, then configuring the mini it took her about 15 min. using the included instructions. She does not have a technical background at all. Oh and she is using a Google Mini.
Well she loved the light! She asked me about the colored lumos… I told her when it comes out we can get a couple… She is a very happy girl about now!

Oh and she set up her wake up alarm and lumos light to turn on at the same time. Perfect!

5 Likes

If you will buy here the coloured ones.
Here is an idea of decoration

4 Likes

I got mine yesterday as well and it too is going in my daughter’s room. Great idea to have her set it up. She’s 9, so it’ll be interesting to see how well she does this. I have confidence in her. She’s super smart and if she can’t figure it out without the manual, she’ll resort to following those directions. We’re going to get it set up tomorrow night or over the weekend. :smiley:

She has a smart reading light in her room right now that I currently have linked to her Alexa wake up routine. It turns on at 5% when the routine first starts paying and gradually gets brighter after each Alexa announcement until it’s at 100% and the music starts playing for her to get dressed to. I’ll incorporate the Lumos 2.0 in the lamp with the same format…after she sets it up, of course. :wink:

2 Likes

Smart daughter in a smart home!

1 Like

I actually replaced my OG Lumos with a Philips Hue in my kitchen light above the sink because the Lumos was too long and I couldn’t put the light globe back on the fixture. lol. So I ended up putting the Lumos in the living room lamp. Glitchwise, over the last 6 months or so, the eufy Lumos has only stopped responding twice. The Philips Hue has stopped responding about 7 times. Maybe a couple more. The Lumos definitely seems to be stronger and more reliable when it comes to its Alexa connection. Looking forward to using the 2.0!

The next what you can do.
Go for such LUMIS.
The little ones whit motion detecting.

Old men have to leave the bed in the
night for some reason. :joy:
So the give me a secure illumination to find my way,

But there are other possibilities you have! :grin:

I’ve considered adding something like that! When I get up at night, I have to do the shuffle so I don’t trip over a dog. I stepped on my daughter’s head last week because she came in the room in the middle of the night and camped out on the dog bed at the foot of our bed. LOL! It was more of a foot down, felt what’s under it, and immediately retracted it. She slept through the whole thing.

1 Like