Low call volume using SoundSync Drive

Hello!

I’m a happy user of the SoundSync Drive, and generally happy with the sound quality. However, I’ve noticed that when taking a call while connected to the adapter, the volume is very low. If the car stereo is playing music on “20” before the call, I need to increase the volume to “30” in order to get a decent volume. Obviously, once the calls ends, the music resumes playing, but is blasting at “30”.

I have seen this with an iPhone 7 and iPhone 8 Plus, all running the latest OS versions. Forgetting and re-pairing with the adapter make no difference. These iPhones have been used with another Bluetooth audio device (BeatsX) and have no difference between the volume when playing music or taking calls.

Has anyone else seen this? Is it a configuration issue on the phone (I doubt it), or a problem with the SoundSync?

Try adjusting the volume on the iPhone while in the call. If I recall correctly, the iPhone stores different volume levels for each function (music, phone, Siri, etc) for every Bluetooth device. But once you set the volume for phone calls to a comfortable level, it should remember it for future calls on the SoundSync.