Live Chat Recap: Solar Incentives for your Home

Over in the Facebook Home Energy Solutions Group we’re hosting conversation and live chats every other Tuesday evening. This week, our topic was solar incentives. Here’s how it went.

Question: When does the HES X1 launch officially?
Answer: We are going to officially launch X1 in the first half of next year.

Q: Any ideas on who I can work with on incentives with Dominon Energy in Virginia?
A: Check with the Dominion Energy Home Battery Pilot Programs. It’s currently open to a limited number of Dominion Energy customers in Virginia. Participants in the program receive a rebate of up to $5,000 on the cost of their home battery system.

Q: Does the Anker home battery system include house solar with the battery? Maybe someday we’ll get into the permanent panels, but not in the plans (that I’m aware of!) yet.
A: Our plan to date is to NOT provide panels, but to focus on the inverter and battery.

Q: So I want to make sure I have this right: HE1 is battery and inverter only. If I go that route I still need to find an installer who does the panels AND the HE1 system?
A: That’s correct. We will connect you with an installer, but the HES X1 is not a DIY project as it ties directly into the grid.

Q: How does this compare to other systems like Tesla’s Powerwall?
A: One major way our product will be different from competitors’ is this: It’s modular, meaning you can customize it to your specific household’s needs. The battery packs will be sold individually, so that means you can add on as needed. (Eg., you build an addition) Likewise, a cell goes out, you can replace it without replacing your entire system.

Q: How small/large is each cell that can be replaced?
A: Each battery pack is 5kWh. (Noting that the average NA household uses 29kWh per day.)

Q: Is it possible that in 2024 I can buy one battery, get the incentive then in 2025 add another and get an additional incentive?
A: Yes!

Q: Can you talk about the buyback program?
A: Our system will have a better buyback rate.

Q: As an electrical contractor we’ve been to many homes for work where they have solar without storage. These customers have asked us if they can add batteries because no solar installer is interested in the system once it’s installed. Even the original installer would tell the customer they have to put in a new system. So can this system fill that possible niche?
A: We can add to an existing solar system, specifically Tesla and Enphase.

If you’re interested in knowing about this product’s launch later this year, connect with us in the Anker SOLIX HES Facebook Group and join our live chats. The next one will be Tuesday, Jan. 16 at 5 p.m. PST.

1 Like