Liberty 4 NC - Left earbud isn't recognized

Got my Liberty 4 NC today and paired it to my Android phone. Only the right earbud is recognized and connects. The left one doesn’t show up nor does it work. Did I get a new lemon?

When you put them in your charging case, does the left one light up at all like it is charging?

Make sure no sticy film is on the bud or case connector…

Do not have but when you close the lid, it should light up the first and 3rd dot to show the buds are charging.

I would reset them and if still an issue contact service@soundcore.com for additional support.

Would not update if only one is working though

Something very strange happened. I removed the buds from my phone, turned off BT, reset the buds, turned BT back on, and re-added them to my phone but nothing worked.

24 hours later I received a response from Anker support that among other things asked for the serial number of the earbuds. As I took the out the earbuds from the case to note the serial number I noticed suddenly that now both buds appear in my phone and they both work as they should. It is still working fine few days later. I am not sure why there was such a long delay before the left bud came back to life but I am happy that it did.