Let's talk innovation

Anker, great brand, great customer service, great community, love the competition, giveaways, Bucks.

But back to basics: this is a technology.

Powerhouse

• Powerhouse can be so much more.
  • Powerhouse, because of its size, the size of its DC-DC input and DC-DC output, should be able to take any kind of input, and offer any kind of output.
  • Powerhouse should be able to offer an efficient recharge and discharge from anything to anything.
  • When combined with solar, any kind of input, then it can be recharged from any kind of solar panel.

Solar

• Anker uses Sunpower solar panels, a good sweetspot of efficiency and cost.
  • Anker could offer more USB-C options, so instead of two 2A outputs, one >2A output, to recharge higher power items.

USB-PD

• This is the future, it will become the de-facto for Apple and Qualcomm QuickCharge is converging into USB-PD
  • More USB-C input and output
  • USB-C input and output Powercore from the Mini upwards
  • USB-PD input and output from 10000mAh upwards. So a 15W input 10Ah, a 15W output 5Ah, a 30A input 20Ah, 60W output 20Ah, a 60W input 27Ah, a 100W output 27Ah.

USB-C everywhere

• USB-C input audio - Soundbuds, Soundcores
  • USB-C input torches
  • USB-C input and output converged torches and portable chargers
  • USB-C input and output portable charges from the “lipstick” upto 100Wh

What else?

4 Likes

Anything usb C, ANYTHINGGG

im too eager to switch to usb-c, let it be the norm!

2 Likes

Sound! I’m sure we’re not far off from this, but I cannot wait to be able to cover my home in speakers that all work together to pump out the same music harmoniously at an affordable cost. I have yet to get an Anker speaker, but it’s on the bucket list of products I’d like to own.

3 Likes

I think every power bank from now on should have USB-C.

If people are hesitant about the switch, they can buy one of the older models that are still very functional. Anker doesn’t usually stop selling products for a couple years after release.

3 Likes

How long does it take the solar panels to charge a phone

1 Like

“Depends”

In “regular sunshine” a solar panel rated 21W will output about 5W so a typical phone at 12Wh will take 2.5 hours.

In perfect conditions, it takes less.

Given you can elect to use solar in perfect conditions, then nearer to 10W is possible than you are expecting nearer to a little over an hour.

Smaller solar panels will be more often incapable of recharging a phone.

1 Like

@hunho.lee10 @TheCharneco @joshuad11 @nigelhealy We will make great effort to achieve your expectations!:grin:

4 Likes

How about Anker starts making Head-Up windshield Display!!

1 Like

Like this?

https://goroav.com/collections/hud

2 Likes

yeah something similar…Check this out!!

1 Like

Is ROAV anker product or is it a third party anker supported product

1 Like

same parent owner

I don’t particularly drive and my last car I bought had lots of tech built-in so I didn’t particularly track this product, I know there was a beta and it then went quiet. Others will know more who signed up for the Roav HUD. They for sure launched a camera though!

2 Likes

Powercore 1300-c ,powercore 26800 pd USB c

USB-C has to explode in availability now in the next few months.

If you have multiple devices (phone, tablet / laptop, earbuds, charger, portable charger) then a USB-C to USB-C solution has a lot less cable bulk.

Thanks to @joshuad11 for the link.

1 Like

Does powercore 1300 c use usb c for input only? Says for MacBook and Nintendo switch witch use usb c.

Obviously you can use USB-C output via the right cable.

My criticism is about cable volume and performance.

An output port of this type

is a physically bigger cable than

So this

Is bigger than this

What I’m seeking is “USB-C” everywhere so I can literally carry:

• a BT earbuds with USB-C input
  • a Powerport with USB-C output like a Powerport2 or Powerport4 with most or all ports USB-C
  • a Powercore with USB-C input and USB-C output
  • just USB-C to USB-C cables.

Then just do this in the small to large options:

• 2 ports chargers
  • 4 port chargers
  • 5 port chargers
  • solar panels
  • Powerhouse
  • Portable chargers, a USB-C output lipstick
  • portable chargers, a USB-C 5000mAh
  • portable charges, a USB-C 10000mAh
  • portable chargers, a USB-C 20000mAh
  • portable chargers, a USB-C 26800mAh (technically: 100Wh limit)

There are performance limitations related to size but reasonable:

• Powerport2 USB-C: 24W, so one or two USB-C output ports, if you used 1 port then it goes up to 24W.
  • Powerport4 USB-C: 40W, so two or three port USB-C output, 1 port it goes to 40W, 2 ports fight over 40W, etc.
  • Powerport5 USB-C: 40W, 2 or 3 or 4 USB-C, fight over 40W
  • Powercore lipstick: one port, realistically it is a 10W output
  • Powercore 10000mAh: a single output port in the 15W-20W region.
  • Powercore 20000mAh: dual ports, input 20W, outputs 40W.
  • Powercore 26800mAh (100Wh) : two or three ports, input 30W-60W, output combined 60W-100W, max per port 60W.
2 Likes