Lenovo x270 USB-C and Anker Powerport PD

Implies is the correct word.
USB-C is able to charge a laptop. So is USB-micro (my laptop uses that).
But far from all manufactures actually support it.
Having a certain shaped plug doesn’t automatically mean that it can be used for charging. And if it can it doesn’t grantee it can charge as fast as USB-C supports.

Just checking I not missed any Anker products which do 45W PD. The only ones I noticed is the Atom 4 and the 60W Powerport Speed PD 60 . Anything else?

You can always get This
It’s a PowerPort Speed 1, 60w PD wall charger which should be sufficient to charge your laptop now

I just left my Thinkpad charger behind today at a meeting so bought this for a spare $35. Hope it works or it joins the mountain of PD stuff which doesn’t work. I’d expect a Atom 2 be out some time but Anker is just s.l.o.w.

1 Like

@AnkerOfficial on Twitter just said they don’t have plans for an Atom PD 2, and the last we heard from @AnkerOfficial on here is that it would be six months. :confused: And who knows? It might not even use GaN!

Interestingly, the first atoms took 380,000 years to emerge after the Big Bang. Hopefully Anker is a little faster. Atom 2, also known as Helium was in smaller quantities than Atom 1, Hydrogen.

(a cosmology joke).

2 Likes

Emphasis on little.

1 Like

The Powerport PD 60W works! I basically now have a travel charger for my Thinkpad. At last something works!

3 Likes

Glad it’s working for ya. And good to know cause I was looking at getting one myself

1 Like

Yeah for the wattage its pretty small. I don’t need as much as 60W, need only 45W but Anker don’t make 45W.

Nice little package with the USB C 3.1 cable I got last year.

1 Like