Lenovo x270 USB-C and Anker Powerport PD

But if what @elmo41683 found is accurate about the maximum power input accepted being 45W, then it would only be about 50% faster during the non-throttled charge part so even less than that overall.

I too got the same thing for Christmas, and as @Jesse_Hernandez1 mentioned the USB c port only outputs 30watts. The other 30 watts is divided between the other 4 ports

Good point but it would still be better when charging during use. I not too familiar with that laptop but I know 30 watts isn’t enough to charge during use with some laptops. I think that charger is more geared towards phones/tablets.

1 Like

Here’s the charger he’s talking about ICYMI (it’s finally back, remember they announced it like a year or two ago).

Personally, I would wait until Anker’s dual-port version comes out, which should allow for each port to use 30W (or 45W/15W or whatever) or one port to use all 60W.

1 Like

Yeah but it sounds like he wants to pick up the charger now who knows when that dual Port will be released.

I think he really wants the PowerPort II PD 4.

Crossing my fingers that both of those - and others - (that were shown off at CES nearly 6 months ago) get released in the next 6 months. :pray:

At the rate Anker has been releasing products in the last month or two I’m sure they will be released sooner than later.

I have the 30W PD charger with 4 ports sharing 30W. I read it off the label.

Here

1st phase is accept the reduction in recharge from the official supplied 45W charger. If that experience is good then get the 45W version when it is shipping. Cable consolidation matters a little more than charger consolidation, when you put it all together in a bag, the cables really add most of the bulk.

My preference is no more than 60W total power to keep the charger down in size and it prioritizes the sharing across ports, so e.g. can do 45W PD and shares 15W over other ports, or as my laptop gets near to fully charged, it’s draw drops to say 30W then the other ports share 30W. I don’t want to see huge chargers.

We’ll be underwater by time Anker releases PD stuff, icecaps melted. I hope Anker moves further inland by then.

1 Like

Lol, Hey we could get smacked by an asteroid in the next hour carpe diem

Along with the Powerline II 3.1 gen 2 cable should suit your needs well. The charger is pretty compact.

I wonder how the size of the 100W one coming out will compare to the one you already have.

Cable delivered. Doesn’t work. Same sympton as before, laptop flashes its power light and does not show itself recharging. Debugging… beginning in BIOS then drivers. I would tend to think in this case the Lenovo model does NOT support USB-PD recharging, because if it did it would come with a USB-PD charger. I might have an older model than the one who’s spec says it supports USB-PD recharging.

1 Like

Oh, no! :cry:

Booted into BIOS, nothing there to enable, device settings, nothing there.

This could be…

This specific Anker Powerport does not interoperate to Lenovo’s requirements. So Anker and Lenovo does not get along.
Or, bad Powerport.

I don’t own any other products to debug. I won’t buy any more either!

1 Like

I wouldn’t say its bad, or doesn’t support PD but rather than you do not have enough power to sufficiently charge it. The one you have only outputs 30W, so maybe that is below the threshold for it to charge properly

1 Like

:frowning:
But at least I own another useless cable and $20 poorer which may eventually become useful.

This is too hit’n’miss to throw serious $ at it. If I come across someone else’s higher spec PD charger I’ll try theirs.

1 Like

Maybe that’s the case, but you would think it would still trickle charge at least. Either way, it’s unfortunate.

The port on the Powerport does work, it can recharge a non-PD tablet wanting 5V 2A, and one wanting 5V 3A so its output’ing. I suspect its a comptability issue, which plaqued Anker’s PD products 2017

The Powerport 5 USB-C (non PD) does not charge the 5V 3A tablet, but the Choetech one does.

The Choetech USB-C cable does work with the Powerport5-C but my new today Anker Powerline II cable does not.

All very hit’n’miss, seems random luck of combinations.

1 Like

Ouch that sucks sorry bud. Hope you get it working

1 Like

Nigel,

I work for a Lenovo partner. If you want to PM me the model and serial of the laptop, I am happy to take a look at some documentation for you and get a definitive answer on USB-C charging.

Might help narrow any issues down for you…

3 Likes

Nigel,

Just sent you a PM