Laptop USB C PD 60W + coming?

The 60W version of the USB C PD is out of stock at amazon. Is a 87w or 90w version in the works? I’d like to get a second charger for my laptop, but would much prefer an Anker version to the generic stuff online and I don’t believe the name markup on the OEM stuff is reasonable.

Anything coming?

1 Like

As far as I know there isn’t a 60 watt version In the works, but there is a 45 watt version due to be out soon.

Anker currently sells a desktop 5 port PD charger with a PDO glitch that successfully negotiates at 45 watts for $50. That’s an option for you.

Well a dual PD charger should be coming out soon (was showed off at CES so a couple more months wait at the longest would be my guess). It is unclear what the exact wattage is, but my best guess would be somewhere around 60. However, it is unclear whether one port will be able to take all the power or if they will each be fixed at 27-30ish.

Either way, a 100W desktop version is coming soon that will ship with an app to allow you to customize the power output allocation.

2 Likes