Join the survey to win a free Soundbar!

I would like the speaker to just have a version of Android TV or something similar so you can use Netflix or YouTube on non-smart TVs. Maybe they could make two different versions, one with and one without Android TV.

I also voted for a built-in subwoofer and port/connectivity support.

I was torn between Option C and D, but I picked C because they could put the subwoofers in the ends on the side as JBL did with the JBL Flip 4.

And lastly, the $199 price point is a little too much for me, a lower price would be nice.

C and D were my favorites from an overall aesthetic perspective.

1 Like

I hope @AnkerOfficial picks me as one of the soundbar testers! :smiley:

I have some but neither my TV or sound system support bluetooth and I’m not one for upgrading things until they don’t work any more :joy:

1 Like

JBL is releasing a soundbar with Android TV built in. On the surface, this seems like a good idea, but my concern is less than stellar performance from combined devices. Same reason I don’t use the apps built into my tv and use a standalone box (shield). A chromecast is adequate for Netflix and Youtube.

1 Like

I have the Polk Audio sound at with Alexa built in, and at first u hated it and would have preferred two separate devices, but the more I used it the more I became attached to it’s functionality. Now I wish all soundbars had Alexa it Google built in, voice controls are the best

It was definitely between option B and D for me.

While option A looks like pretty much any other soundbar out there, option C has the looks that might worry me in the fact that it has the potential to wobble. Even though my soundbar will be less likely to be touched, i’d like to know that it is set and firmly set once put.

Option B and D were interesting options. I liked option B in that it provided a unique look to the traditional soundbar aesthetics. The flat top gives users the ability to clearly see what it appears to be multiple icons when close while also facing upwards (compared to option D) that will allow the icons to be less distracting if placed in front of the TV. The rounded corners gives it a nice modern appeal.

Option D is nice in that it is a fresh take on a soundbar as well (from my experience). I like that there is potential to have the speakers be facing towards the viewers.

I chose option B because with the current set up I have, option B would look nicer in front of my TV. Clean and less protrusion

Is it still the case with non-Amazon Alexa kit that you can’t group them with actual Amazon speakers? So Multiroom Audio doesn’t work…

Same would go for the Flare S+ I guess?

Google assistant is better than Alexa - any day any place, fail to understand why people still prefer Alexa… unless some one wants to order a Ton of items from amazon :smile:

Google assistant would be my first choice of smart assistant on any Sound Bar, but still keeping in mind for Alexa fans, provide options for both of these.

2 Likes

Multi room audio does work and you could pair this to other Alexa speaker,

1 Like

I would say physical design is less important than the sound that it produces; whatever improves sound quality should be the priority IMO.

1 Like

Physical design often times has an impact on acoustics of a device. Proper venting, large enough cavities and even alignment and direction of speakers all play an important role in what you the end user will hear. The tricky part for everything is to design a system that is both astheticly pleasing while also having the best effectiveness.

1 Like

I like C the best.

1 Like

wow seems to be an awesome product id love to get to try one of them out for sure! I have a tv that the volume is just no good and have wanted a sound bar and these seem that they would fit the bill perfectly…id love to get one try it out…rock my house and let my dogs dance!

2 Likes

and i was just thinking of the sound bars ive ever seen, their shape etc and it does seem that some are better than others when there is not much of a difference except in shape size and where the speakers were…the design i chose seems it would fit that bill pretty good and oh how id love to get it!!!

2 Likes

Option D was the most eye-catching for me. @Ankerofficial - my biggest concern over your new product would be the actual height of the new speaker as it would relate to a given television and its remote IR sensor.

Example: I am currently the proud owner of an Anker Soundcore Infini speaker, and it has made my TV viewing experience even better with the rich sound. However, when I first got the speaker, I ran into a significant issue where the speaker blocked the TV’s remote IR sensor located on the bottom right corner (I have a 2014 Samsung SmartTV - Model H6203), preventing me from operating the TV properly. To work around this, I placed the TV on a small stand (platform) to raise it by a few inches so that the IR sensor would no longer be blocked by the speaker.

Just some feedback to consider. Otherwise, please keep up the great work, Anker. I am a true fan of your products!

1 Like

The current infini, is pretty much a combination of A and C, and it.looks great… Sounds even better

1 Like

To be honest: for me as a technical freak the option of connecting other speakers, dolby, equalizer etc are more valuable. Design is important, but features also.
Option D combines design and feature: the sound is directed with a small elevation angle. I prefer this.

1 Like

Nice to have Smart TV functions built-in as well along with HDMI, built-in sub, and bass control. This will help for the guys like me who stuck with 2016 Vizio with limited smart TV capabilities.

1 Like

I got them for a door prize for my work holiday party, which was awesome. The only issue I am seeing with them is that they do not have a built in eq, which would never be a deal breaker but is always nice thing to have. All in all though they are some of the best headphones I have used in some time.

2 Likes