Is there a logistic issue making a USB-C cable as a host cable with adapters rather than Micro-USB?

Here is a product for reference:

This uses a Micro-USB host cable and then includes adapters to go to Lightning and USB-C. I get that it’s a bit of an older product but I can’t even find competitors with a product like this. With a USB-C host cord it’s omni-directional and I would think it allows for better power and data transfer. However, someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Considering the huge shift to USB-C with Anker products such as charging ports and newer products developed that can use PD, I would think USB-C cables are becoming the new standard.

1 Like

A micro-USB cable with a USB-C adapter is fine. Assuming both are build properly.

What isn’t fine is the opposite: a USB-C cable with a micro-USB adapter. That is against USB-C specs and opens up connections not tested/intended for USB-C.

You will lose power throughout compared to a straight USB-C to USB-C connection. As soon as you introduce a legacy USB connection (USB-A, micro-USB, etc) to the mix you drop to legacy USB speeds for power and data. Let’s assume you would get 15W using a C-to-C connection. Using a micro-USB cable with USB-C adapter will drop you to ~7.5W.

1 Like