iPhone Launch Details, Date Still TBD

Good read here from Macworld on the upcoming Apple releases.

Macworld reports that Sept. 13 is a possibility for the much-anticipated launch of new products. But again, that’s not been confirmed. Last year event invites were sent on Aug. 24 for a Sept. 7 event.

As for the time of day, this is what’s most likely, according to Macworld:

Macworld also offers predictions on which products could be announced. Click over to read more on that. In the meantime, the big takeaway in my world is Apple’s shift to USB-C. See ya Lightning Cable!

3 Likes

If you throw a “Goodbye Lightning” party, can I be invited?! Can’t wait to get almost everything on one connection!

3 Likes

If they actually get rid of the lightning I may have to convince myself to upgrade my other stuff away from micro usb as well.

I’m optimistic. It won’t affect me much for a couple years – I’m on iPhone 11, have AirPod Pros from two years ago, and I’ll still have my iWatch with that dorky charger. Still, I’m hopeful I’ll get to Marie Kondo my charger drawer eventually, lol.

1 Like

That’s a great idea! Invite all your cheap friends who aren’t even going to consider the iPhone 15, hahaha. That would be me. iPhone 11 is doing its job, albeit sometimes miserably.

There is a pun somewhere here with Anker power and to “spark joy”.

I hope they move away from lightning would make sharing chargers with other people even easier since you don’t have to worry about what cable they need

1 Like

As long as customers are willing to pay a fortune for those phones there is no need to do that.

hahaha! If we weren’t all Marie Kondo’d out post-pandemic, this might be marketing gold!

1 Like

Right! Friend with a Charger takes on a whole new (PRACTICAL) meaning.