Introducing PowerExpand Direct 7-in-2 USB-C PD Media Hub

Hey, Anker fans!

Do you remember the good old days when laptops had more than one or two ports? Some of you reading this have perhaps never known such a world, but I remember it well. Unfortunately, sometime over the last decade, the ports we used to take for granted have all but disappeared, just like skinny jeans, or DVD players.

While some things are irretrievable, we are here to tell you that there is a way to get all of your old ports back—and then some!

Introducing PowerExpand Direct 7-in-2 USB-C PD Media Hub, our latest USB-C hub. Unlike most of our other hubs, PowerExpand is designed to fit flush with your MacBook: no cables, no slack, just seamless expansion for your MacBook’s two USB-C ports.

So what do you get when you connect PowerExpand to your MacBook?

From your MacBook’s dual USB-C ports, you get a huge 7 ports, including a Thunderbolt 3 USB-C port, an HDMI port, 1 USB-C data port, 2 USB-A ports, and SD/microSD card slots.

Check out some of the key features below:

• Get pass-through charging up to 100W and data transfer up to 40Gbps with Thunderbolt 3
  • Connect to the HDMI and Thunderbolt 3 ports to support media streaming to two monitors in 4K
  • Quickly check out the results of your latest photoshoot via the SD and microSD card slots
  • Transfer files or connect peripherals via dual USB-A ports
  • Ultra-compact cable-less design for a more unobtrusive fit

For MacBook users looking to get the most out of your laptop, we have even more good news: Our latest USB-C hub is now available at 20% OFF on Amazon until February 7th when you use code AKNEW8371. Click here to get yours now.

And if anybody wants to get their hands on PowerExpand, we’ve got 10 available to willing testers! Head over to our We Love Testing page to apply!:star_struck:

Power On!

14 Likes

I don’t own a MacBook, and I won’t until I’m rich enough to afford 2 laptops.

1 Like

Thanks for the deal @AnkerOfficial but no use for me as I don’t have a Mac.

The design looks very clean and simple. Would love to have one of these.

Nice information and product @AnkerOfficial

No macs anymore, so skipping the testing again :frowning:

This hub looks nice, and has a number of features I like, including a full TB3 USB-C port - so you could daisy chain another hub or adapter in theory. From the picture, it appears that one of the two USB-C ports is charging, so hopefully the other one is the full TB3 one - otherwise, you are basically getting a charging port and a USB-C port.

In general I do not like hub designs that are only compatible with certain computers. This product isn’t just limited to macs, it is limited to the ones that have 2 USB-C ports on the same side with a certain spacing between them. Which is not guaranteed to remain the same on new computers.

And it is still being held in place by the force of two connectors that are in no way load rated - a twist, drop or unexpected movement could still snap these much more easily than a hub with a cable connector.

Plus it uses both USB-C ports. Without providing any connectivity that shouldn’t be possible with a single USB-C / TB3 port. Which makes this a net addition of three useful ports - two USB-A and an HDMI. Nice, but not nearly as nice as if it left one of the built in ports still free.

I understand the appeal of a flush design that moves with your computer, and presumably the marketing team sees a demand for it. But I am clearly not in that target market.

This is definitely a test I will not be participating in or applying for either. On the upside for those applying, the pool of candidates should be much smaller and give them all a much better chance to be chosen.

2 Likes

Looks like a great hub for Macbook users. Unfortunately, I don’t have a Macbook. I’m on an iMac.

Ugh SOOOO LAME!!! I am literally in the market for one of those, except I don’t have a MacBook. SOB! Well Mac users…enjoy.
P.S if anyone had/has or just generally knows about these type of device please, I am thinking about getting one to increase the amount of USB ports on my laptop as well as be able to have a wired internet connection for better gaming quality aka reduced latency. If anyone has used one and knows that they are worth the money and actually perform at advertised speeds plz PM me. Thanks y’all!

P.P.S when I posted this every other post basically said “Cool, but I don’t own a MacBook “ coming from some of our senior members, hint: not that many people have MacBooks. Maybe next testing round Anker, you guys could offer something that people can use. Anyone else tired of different versions of the Flare? It’s supposed to be Anker Innovations, just saying.

1 Like

Hoping I get selected for this. Need to try out a better dongle for my MacBook Pro!! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Lol. Like others I do not have a MacBook. The closest I have is a “Mac”Donald’s near me. Lolol

1 Like

Looks like most majority of Active users are out of luck :grin: I am so much in market for a USB-C hub… but no Mac :sob::sob:

AH, I wish this was announced sooner before buying the “Anker 5-in-1 USB C Adapter” :sob:

Wish this was available to test in the UK, would be perfect for my work MacBook Pro and the two external screens.

1 Like

If only we could use these iTunes giftcards to buy one.

Cool item, just not for me

I want it but I haven’t a Mac. :sweat_smile:

I have your USB-C 7-1 Hub für my iPad Pro, but i rather would like this hub, cause the cable of the Hub is really short and only causes problems.

When can we expect this hub in Europe ? In Germany it is not listed yet.

Omg! This is what I need! It will eliminate all the cables I try and hook up to use multiple devices.

1 Like