Intelligent Power Allocation | Get the Most Out of Your Charger

Hi fans!

What does IPA stand for?

No, no! We’re talking about charging tech…Intelligent Power Allocation to be precise. It’s a technology that’s featured in our new PowerPort Atom PD 2 charger, but what does it do? Read on to find out…

Intelligent Power Allocation is an exclusive Anker technology that ensures you get the maximum power out of your charger, no matter what you have plugged in. Other chargers have a certain amount of wattage “locked-in” to each port. This means that while a single device is plugged in, the other port(s) are just sitting idle.

IPA unlocks the full potential of your charger to route power from idle ports. This lets PowerPort Atom PD 2 charge a MacBook Pro at its fastest possible speed (60W) while there is nothing connected to the other port. It can even detect when you’ve plugged in a cable (USB-C to C cable only), but haven’t connected a device yet—maximizing your charging speed without wasting a single watt of power.

IPA represents a big step forward in charging technology, but we’re always looking to make improvements. From Power Delivery compatibility to PowerIQ 3.0 high-speed charging technology and more, we’ll never stop innovating.

What features would you like to see in a future Anker product? Share this post on social media and tag us @AnkerOfficial with your opinions, and we will randomly choose one person to win PowerPort Atom PD 2.

Good luck, and Power On!

18 Likes

This product it’s AMAZING !!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

1 Like

My IPA:

:joy:

But beside jokes.
This charger is great!

1 Like

Saw the first image and thought…this is @Chiquinho sort of topic :laughing:

Useful overview of IPA & the Atom PD 2 for members, thanks @AnkerTechnical :thumbsup:

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure we confirmed this wasn’t true.?.??.

I felt the same. @Chiquinho may have inspired @AnkerTechnical :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nice to know what the new atom does different than others. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Pretty sure most of the info here was given to us in the testing event. Good to see exactly all the things this charger does though

1 Like

You go me at “Lagunitas” :joy:

I hope I receive the test unit soon, to test this by myself.

1 Like

Nice intro to the post with the Lagunitas, beer bottles :joy:

Thank you @AnkerTechnical Anker for sharing the useful information on ‘IPA’

Posted this article on Twitter with Features on Anker product :slight_smile:

EDIT - Missed to include the screenshot

2 Likes

Came here for the @Chiquinho references!

Cheers FRANZ!

This is a good explanation.

@Chiquinho that’s weiss, not IPA!

Almost forgot to post this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good :four_leaf_clover: Luck to ALL! CHEERS! :beers:

1 Like

Interesting read. Thanks.

Im interested on testing this new technology for myself if I win the giveaway :wink:

I am more interested in PowerPort+ Atom III than Atom PD 2 :grin: :yum:

Hope to get on the Love testing contest :sparkles:

nice charger loved the beer jokes

@AnkerTechnical really knows the pulse of how to get attention to posts… (:beers: :beers: :grin: )

1 Like

not gonna lie when i first opened the post i thought @Chiquinho had made it because of the beer joke. im sure he appreciated it though

3 Likes