Ifttt

I think all you can do is keep thread alive but I doubt that they will actually respond until they implement.

Precisely, and I’m a very persistent person. :+1::laughing:

keeping the thread alive…Any updates from Anker / Eufy?

I doubt it

Nope, and never will there be any I guess.
This wil haunt them, until they’ve replied.

How is the development situation around eufy products in general? Is there a progress and updates, new firmwares are published? Or is it now Cash-Cowing till the brand dies?

Has anybody a view on that?

Thanks!

I happen to be a EE/CS major and a professional software developer and I can tell you I have yet to meet a software project that was able to meet its release timeline. Software is not digging ditches. It is an art and creation. And it will always take longer than you think. If for no other reason to correct the many bugs that will exist if you try to rush it. So I would rather they take their time and squash the many bugs BEFORE release, rather than release a software update riddled with bugs that ends up frustrating the customer. Bugs will always exist, but the difference between getting a software project from 90% to 10% bug free, is usually what take a long time. Also just throwing more money and more people on a software project in mid development, actually ends up taking longer than finishing it with the original team. So give a break to Eufy software team. Cause they are doing an awesome job looking at all the updates and new features they keep releasing.

I’m a retired computer person (everything from mainframe operating to systems design, building and implementation) and while I agree with a lot that you say (throwing more money and people at something often cannot help make it happen faster - as a former colleague of mine used to say “You can’t get nine women to produce a baby in a month”!) there comes a point when a promise not kept is a serious problem, that needs to be addressed. I realise the Marketing Department don’t want to release bad news, but lack of news can be worse as time goes on.
I think it’s time for them to come clean with the situation, and if it ain’t going to happen, admitting it would be a Good Thing!