Ifttt

@AnkerSupport any updates?

Maybe stop developing other stuff and focus this issue first.

@AnkerSupport @AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical @AnkerTechnician any updates?
Been waiting a while.

Lets see what we need to do to get a public official statement from EUFY.

@jasonjordan @DreadPirateRoberts @Dalma @Devesh_Batra @ikari04warrior @Ullrich @Marek1 @ruiparreiral @TechMan @yamyam

3 Likes

i see that Google Home and Alexa feature sets are now available for the cams and doorbell

Really wish we had a roadmap for IFTTT so we can tie the products with other devices

Although, i could give Alexa routines a try and see if i can trigger a SmartThings light when the eufy doorbell or camera detects motion…

1 Like

The Google Assistant can only stream a camera to a television.
Nothing more nothing less, missing allot of functionality there as well. :nauseated_face:

Is it too late for you guys to get a refund?

1 Like

I want to keep the camera, I just want the part I’ve also paid for. They haven’t tried anything to solve it or offer compensation.

Thanks @ErikNL for tagging me, here is my answer/reaction:

There have been so many lies and incomplete functions at eufy cam by anker, that i am in the meanwhile even sick of bashing them for beeing so incompetent. But they lost a lot of reputation and therfore lost a lot of glory and honor, and at least they got rewarded with massive loss of sales.

Blame yourself Anker!

If i would ever buy any anker/eufy product again for thousands of dollars and even recommend them to many friends, neighbors and family? Probably not, but do they care. Hell not!

I am waiting since 1,5 years now for their promised(!) firmware update so the sensors would trigger the eufy cam to record, the world can read and see their promise, lie and failure day by day: [eufy cam] Sensor triggering camera to record

And that’s just one of dozens of broken promises.

Anker … the new Electronic Arts?!
EA got rewarded several time as the worst company of the USA, time for anker to gain that crown!

Sorry, i am just pissed and angry at myself that i invested hundreds of hours in this forum and with anker/eufy products.

They got my money, plenty of it, thats all the wanted.

3 Likes

You might be able to get a partial refund and keep the unit. Please contact support@eufylife.com.

1 Like

Insider, Let them say that here on the forums.
That would be a proper way to solve this.

And I feel ya yamyam, they got our money.
Thats when we also lost our voice and they stopped caring.

1 Like

So the anger is obvious.

But if you bought a product which does not what is claimed, in most countries, a vendor lying about shipping product gets them under legal liability under trading standards, and gives you usually recourse under credit card.

If it’s a let down of promise of future, well that is entirely different, that is buyer beware, all vendors can totally change their future without recourse.

Buy what is sold today, and if it doesn’t do what it claimed to do you are covered, don’t buy based on what is promised as there are many reasons they fail.

I am struggling to think of the last time I bought anything based on a future promise. I am struggling to think of ever a time I did that. I have bought items on present, currently shipping, claimed features, and I think I got burned twice in a lifetime and one of the vendor did a refund, the other I just opened dispute with CC and got a refund and left it to the CC to resolve.

1 Like

hello @yamyam how have you been? long time :slight_smile:

@professor may be… time to re-use your earlier quote :wink:

2 Likes

Indeed, one is fully in control of one’s own gullibility. You cannot control the honesty of others. Gullibility of the present has legal recourse, but of the future has none.

Venting in forums don’t fix anything, but fully understand it feels good while typing it.

1 Like

It’s more that I want justice, and prevent others of making the same mistake with Eufy.
Because it’s a Kickstarter product you expect more of the promises they make when certain goals have been reached in the croud funding campaign.

It’s giving them a chance to redeem instead of putting their heads in the sand.

I fully agree with your words… only hope it is read by responsible parties :smiley:

1 Like

But you’re not doing it intelligently. The minute you vent in an open forum all of your power goes down. Your worst threat, of bad-mouthing is gone, expired.

Not defending Eufy in any way, but all vendors suffer from futures not being as planned.

• cat ate my homework
  • the product manager didn’t listen to the engineer
  • the engineer was overly optimistic
  • the genius left the company and none can figure out how to do what they said they could do
  • a better idea
  • a massive once-a-century-pandemic causes everything to change.

Also, “Eufy” is a set of individuals, the error may have been made by a past employee, they may already have realised their mistake and you aren’t helping.

Venting feels good, doesn’t it. But better to not believe anyone’s promises of futures, ever, of any vendor. You are fully in control of it you believe a promise, you have no control of a promise.

This one happened so many times as a kid :man_facepalming:. The teachers never believe me, mainly because we didn’t have a cat… :joy:

3 Likes
1 Like

It’s never good to buy a product based on future promises

2 Likes