IFA 2018 Preview: Soundcore Flare S+ and More!

Anker is planning to show off several products at IFA, a consumer electronics trade show in Berlin, from August 31 to September 5. Most of these products will be ones we already know of, such as Soundcore Space NC, PowerPort II PD with 1PD and 1 PIQ2.0, Nebula Capsule M1, PowerCore 13400 Nintendo Switch Edition, VIVA Pro, and possibly more, but also one you probably haven’t heard of yet…

Soundcore Flare S+

That’s right, in addition to displaying Soundcore’s existing Flare and upcoming Flare+ speakers, it seems as though Anker will be unveiling a new model: Flare S+. It’s unclear exactly how this speaker will differ from the others, so feel free to speculate by replying!

Personally, I think the Flare S+ will support voice control through either Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa, and be very similar to the Flare+ in other respects, but hey, what do I know?

Moving on, we might finally be getting a release timeframe for another one of the wall chargers with Power Delivery on display at CES

PowerPort Speed PD 27

If this name is accurate, I’m somewhat surprised. I figured Anker would have been consistent with the products they’ve released recently and stuck with the PowerPort II branding.

Hopefully we hear more about the other two chargers with Power Delivery Anker showed off back at CES in January, too, but, at the moment, unfortunately, there are no indications of this happening. :pray:

We also expect to learn more about a product that was said to be released during summer back in January at CES…

Soundcore Journey U

This was initially Life NC. Crossing my fingers for USB-C input!

Following a successful crowdfunding campaign via Kickstarter, set to ship in September is Eufy Security’s first product…

Eufy Security EufyCam

Perhaps we’ll also receive some additional information about the other products from Eufy Security slated to release this fall.

Last, but certainly not least, is a concept that was unveiled to us by @AnkerTechnical right here in the Community! It appears the product missed its original target launch time of late-July…

Nebula Prizm LCD Projector

In addition to seeing the 480p version, there’s also a chance we’ll hear more about the 1080p version slated to come out by the end of the year.

What are your thoughts on Anker’s product lineup for IFA? Would you consider getting any of these? Let us know everything you’re thinking by replying! Be sure to check back in with us for full coverage of IFA!

4 Likes

Very curious about the Flare S+ and upcoming 1080p projector but all these upcoming products look very nice. Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Do you recall what was on display at IFA last year?!

That’s right, PowerCore+ II (Q4 2017) and Zolo Halo+ and Mojo+ (both Spring 2018)… Each of which seem to have been cancelled or significantly delayed :rolling_eyes:

[quote=“Jesse_Hernandez1, post:2, topic:61672”]
Very curious about the Flare S+
[/quote]I thought you might be, hence why I included it in the title and talked about it first. :wink:

[quote=“Jesse_Hernandez1, post:2, topic:61672”]
upcoming 1080p projector
[/quote]Yeah, that’s another one that remains more of a mystery.

1 Like

The Flare S+ is certainly a surprise! I wonder if the specs we saw were actually for that instead of the Flare+ and that’s why the FCC submission was different from previous Anker statements.

2 Likes

Possibly, but I doubt it.

I’m curious about the Flare S+. They had me at the green LED lights :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

projector seems interesting :+1:

1 Like

Come on Google assistant :joy: it’s hard to imagine how they could improve on the flare at 60 dollars it is a steal.

1 Like

All three Flare models have those!

1 Like

I’m interested in the flare s+…hope I can get my hand in that to test. I really want to test out the Zero, but we have yet to see or hear anything more about that.

As for the rest of the abandoned/ delayed products, I think the are either fine tuning things or decided against further fragmentation of their product

1 Like

The PowerPort Speed PD 27 looks nice! :sunglasses:

I’m anxiously waiting for the Nebula Prizm 1080p. It’s also a very nice looking product!

Any news on the Eufy BabyCam?

1 Like

[quote=“elmo41683, post:11, topic:61672”]
Zero
[/quote]Was reportedly targeting a September/October release. Knowing Anker, I wouldn’t expect anything but silence until at least November/December assuming the product is delayed and not cancelled. Again, that’s if it even is. Just take a look at Liberty Lite when a date was given.

[quote=“elmo41683, post:11, topic:61672”]
I think the are either fine tuning things or decided against further fragmentation of their product
[/quote]If you’re referring to my post about last year’s products, don’t think so because in the case of PowerCore+ II, Anker still doesn’t have a well rounded portable charger with Power Delivery lineup, and in the case of Zolo Mojo+/Halo+, we know they have been completely cancelled. Again, it wasn’t to avoid product fragmention because they have yet to offer a wireless smart speaker… Sometimes you just can’t defend Anker’s actions.

If you’re referring to this year’s products from CES, basically the same ideology applies.

1 Like

Update: A quick Google search reveals that this information was available nearly a week ago, so I apologize for not spreading the word to you all sooner! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Your forgiven, any of us could have done the search so were all slacking.

Btw, I really want that red Flare and blue flare speakers, be it what the s+ designates… Flare special+ which sign ifies colors and possibly the addition of Alexa or google integration

The Flare and Flare+ should be available in red and gray eventually. Flare is already available in blue.

All of the colors look really nice I like that gray and and red thou. The red looks similar to the red braided cables.

1 Like

@joshuad11 I know about it being available, I was just stating what I think it means…color with Alexa or google

The blue is already available. Previous press releases said the Flare would be available in those 4 colors, but so far I’ve only seen the charcoal and blue available for purchase. Nice shade of red–looks kind of like a burgundy.

As I mentioned above I know the color is already available…