Huawei has lost access to Android OS Platform and Google services

Course you can… File manager, android, data, FB files… Select main folder… SELECT DELETE.

problem solved.

1 Like

:slight_smile: been very lucky, have never lost a single iPhone (or any phone) so far, but I will take note and keep the ‘Find my Phone’ when Apple enables to remove ( ??? may be never) these apps

im still using a htc one m8. thankfully i havent change i was considering one of these phones as i like the styling.

1 Like

Have not read or seen anything for change of mind…

But it may happen. We know ZTE was banned and then the ban was removed about 3-4 months later. Huawei may be wishing for same abd may be working hard to get this thing resolved

Edit: just saw the news about 90 day relief

I am feeling good the way you guys are up-learning on the whole topic. It is far more complex than 1st impressions.

If we all were richer by making use of de-bloating the bundled apps so our phones run better, or you made a current phone last longer while you wait, or you get into Linux, you’ll gain something.

1 Like

I E removed a few bad apps on Android by “ripping” them out, but deleting the folder under file manager,… I know not the best way, but when you can’t remove, and only uninstal updates, you have to get rid of the tentacles! lol

I would never root, as I haven’t a clue what I’d be doing.

1 Like

Rooting involves an unlocked bootloader, not all phones can be, and then booting a custom recovery then it installs a root, if you can get past the bootloader then the recovery + root is likely to work.

The problem with these is you end up with a bit of a risk of “bricking”, and you (now) probably lose phone being able to do certain financial transactions (e.g. Google Pay). So it’s more related how important is your phone, do you have other devices.

I think rooting of a (primary) phone is probably not a good idea as you break financial applications, but rooting of (secondary, e.g) a tablet - a bigger screen for media - is probably not going to have a downside, and having Linux on laptops has no downside I know of other than a few app support.

So for people:

• only have a phone - just don’t root it, and make your decision on your best phone
  • phone + tablet - root the tablet, you can then do some clever ad-block type on the tablet
  • phone + laptop - make the laptop a Chromebook or just put Linux on it, the choice is more one of battery life.

I have phone + tablet + laptop. My Huawei is the tablet. So I am not remotely worried what USA does, if they go bad I will just go to my alternatives and make, probably, a better tablet as I cut the bloatware and custom skin.

My phone, though, is OnePlus, if it gets into an escalation war, it’s what I use to drive Google Pay. But … guess what! Then I just carry a bit of plastic instead! No big loss. The loss would be Google’s more than mine. Google loses. A USA company.

So you see the issue, USA hurts itself if it hurts others.

1 Like

Thanks, once again I find 1.75x speed gets the same value information in less time. I tried 2x didn’t work so well.

This is why I like text, I can read about 5x faster than people can speak.

Typed on a Chromebook. I may look at this later on a Huawei tablet, or a OnePlus phone.

This one is best played 1.5x, this guy is speaking less slowly.

1 Like

Ouch and the hits keep on coming…

2 Likes

Microsoft too joins the ban party, seems to have pulled Huawei’s Matebook X Pro from its online shelves,

Link

It’s obviously professional to obey the law. Bad things happen otherwise.

But I’m sure there is a quiet discussion going on. The underlying truth of shared benefits.

1 Like

CNET has a well documented article for the Huawei issues timeline

What would happen if China’s government gives an answer and forbid APPLE for similar “unknown reasons”? Or even better Foxconn.

1 Like

This ban will be revoked soon like what happened for ZTE… Else there may be a retaliation soon…

Will be interesting to see what would happen if this applied to Apple and it’s vendors like Foxconn. Apple prices are already sky high, will become space high.

Who will buy, as there are alternatives.
Don’t forget SAMSUNG.
“Not in the game”!

1 Like

That is the only way to stop all these trade wars…

I have lot of iPhones for collection :smile: can continue for sometime without upgrade

2 Likes

i have an old one.
Good quality without modern apps.
Its a mobile I can use making calls.
Same with old IPODS and IPADS I own.
NO upgrades needed! :grin:

1 Like

Now there is a mention of including Huawei into US-China Trade deal :slight_smile:
So after all, this ban will go away

1 Like

Indeed, Huawei is the good quality, value play, Apple is “halo” play which is easily punctured.

Apple:

I did sense this Huawei ban coming in, along with the trade war. So I brought forward my purchase of Chinese products, because they make good stuff. I brought forward purchase of a 8" tablet to release my existing Lenovo 8" tablet to send to a family member, and I must say it is very good build quality, a good product. I now have all the Huawei I need to last whatever war happens.

So long as an Android device has an unlockable bootloader, it can run latest Android via the open source method.

Apple has more to lose.