How to ScreenCast on Nebula Capsule ?!

I’ve followed the instructions for iOS and the Nebula doesn’t show up in my screen mirroring option at all.

2 Likes

Oh man, you are a true hero, I just read most of the content about this topic on internet and most of them assured that is no chance to do it, then you came and resolved it in 4 sentences, Thanks a lot!

Go to settings
Choose General
Choose screen mirroring in the bottom
Choose your os (Apple or Android)
On your mobile phone find your Nebula device (using smart view on Android or its equivalent on IOS)
Enjoy the watch :slight_smile:

I have a Samsung S10 and I see no way to mirror-screen cast onto the Nebula Capsule. I do not see a screen cast menu on the Nebula.

See the post immediately above yours. Screen mirroring, then select Android (Miracast)

When I do that, I am given the menu options:

Network & Internet
Accounts & Sign In
Apps
Device Preferences
Projector Settings
HDMI
Remotes & Accessories

There is no “screen mirroring in the bottom”

My device is Nebula Capsule II

Nose around each of them!

Yea. I’ve spent 1.5 hours doing that. I don’t see that menu option.

Sorry don’t own the Capsule II, I have the Capsule Max as was easy to find, I think 1.5 seconds, certainly not 1.5 hours.

1 Like

Tap the Chromecast button in the app you want to cast from on your Samsung S10 and choose your projector from the list of the available devices. Both your phone and your Nebula Capsule II need to be on the same Wifi network. This also applies to other projectors with a proper Android TV system (Cosmos, Vega, Solar, Prizm II Pro).

To cast the whole screen of your phone, enable screen mirroring in the Google Home app on your phone.

You do not need to do anything on the projector itself (well, except keeping it on and on the same network).

Note: the above does not apply to projectors with obsolete, non-TV versions of Android (Capsule I, Capsule Max, Astro, Apollo, Mars) – for these you need Miracast as described in previous posts.

Note 2: casting the whole phone will not cast copyrighted content (e.g. Netflix).

1 Like

Ahh, that explains why no settings in the projector, it’s on all the time as part of Android TV.

So it does beckon why it’s not obvious and easy to just cast from the phone without having to search for projector issue…

It’s literally two taps: the “Cast” icon and then choosing to which device you want to cast.

so really this should not be raised in an Anker forum, it’s a “how to cast” Android forum question.

So why are there instructions above to enable for Android TV, when you don’t need to? What changed?

I have the Capsule Max, Android, not Android TV, you do have to settings enable it. I played with it to see how well it works.

Nothing difficult, didn’t read manual.

So why are there instructions above to enable for Android TV, when you don’t need to? What changed?

The previous instructions are for plain Android (not Android TV) projectors like Capsule I or Capsule Max. The instructions I provided are for Android TV projectors, like the Capsule II (which is what Genuflect2017 asked about).

1 Like

Sounds like the usual power of search is not helping.

“Nebula” is catching Android and Android TV with different cast instructions.