How to Find the Right Power System for your Home

So you’re ready to find the best alternative power for your home, but you’re not sure whether solar, battery or a solar-plus-storage system is the way to go? You’re not alone. We’ll explore which system works best for you.

Solar Power Systems

Solar panels offer a huge amount of benefits. It’s no wonder they’re becoming more popular with homeowners, especially in areas with lots of sun.

How Solar Systems Work

Photons interact with the semiconductor material in the solar panel, also known as a photovoltaic (PV) cells. Some photons are absorbed and converted into electricity for your home or sold back to the power grid.

Solar System Advantages

1. Reduced Grid Dependence
  2. Tax Credits and Rebates
  3. Sell Excess Energy
  4. Environmentally-friendly Energy

Why People Choose Solar Systems

The primary reason is financial. You can substantially reduce your electric bill, and you could also be entitled to tax incentives. Finally, you can profit from net metering, which is selling excess power back to the grid, often at a premium price.

Join us in the private Facebook Group for HES enthusiasts.

Solar energy is also environmentally friendly because it reduces your carbon footprint and helps fight climate change.

Ideal Solar System Scenarios

• Homes in Sunny Climates
  • Need to Lower Power Bills
  • Desire to Reduce Environmental Impact

Limitations of Solar Systems

It’s impossible to generate power at night, and on cloudy days, less power can be generated by solar panels. This is why people include batteries in their home’s solar system. A battery allows you to store power and use it later – at night or during an outage or on those cloudy days.

While solar systems are expensive, savings and tax incentives can outweigh the initial cost and make the investment worthwhile.

Solar System Recap

If you live in an area with lots of sunshine, solar systems can reduce your energy bill and help you become more environmentally friendly. While batteries aren’t required to use solar energy, it’s worth considering so you can have continuous power through cloudy days, stormy seasons and all night long.

Battery Storage Systems

At the same time, you can install a battery in your home even without solar panels. Batteries alone offer unique advantages.

How Battery Storage Systems Work

Batteries take energy from the grid and store it, so you can use it later. The batteries are typically charged when energy rates are low (usually overnight, but this is dependent on location and energy provider) and discharged during peak hours, when rates are higher. Batteries allow you to buy and store power when it’s cheapest for use at any time.

Battery Storage System Advantages

• Avoid Peak Pricing
  • Stay Powered During Outages
  • No Extra Installation Required

Why You’d Choose a Battery Storage System

First, you can capitalize on time-of-use (TOU) rates, avoiding sky-high peak pricing. Second, you have backup power if your the power system in your region is prone to frequent outages. Third, you can avoid the cost and time associated with time-consuming installation of solar panels.

Ideal Battery Storage System Scenarios

• Areas with Frequent Outages
  • Areas with TOU Rates

Limitations of Battery Storage Systems

Unlike solar systems, batteries don’t generate renewable energy. So, you’re not reducing your carbon footprint, and you remain dependent on the grid for recharging your battery.

Battery Storage System Recap

If you need to manage energy costs and maintain backup power, consider a battery backup system. They’re most useful in areas with variable electricity rates and frequent power outages, but are not as environmentally friendly as solar power. You may want to consider adding solar power to reduce your environmental impact.

Solar-plus-storage Storage Systems

These systems combine the sustainability of solar panels with the reliability of battery storage to solve your energy needs.

How Solar-plus-storage Systems Work

Solar battery storage systems start with PV panels that absorb photons. Those photons are turned into electricity that’s used immediately or stored in the battery for later use, ensuring energy isn’t wasted and allowing you to use it when needed regardless of weather conditions or nighttime.

Solar-plus-storage System Advantages

1. Continuous Power Supply
  2. Energy Independence
  3. Reduce Electricity Bills
  4. More Environmentally Friendly

Why You’d Choose a solar-plus-storage System

You’d pick a solar battery system to achieve energy independence. Because you have surplus solar energy stored, you maintain a constant power supply to your home. If you still use grid power, you’ll lower your energy bills, too.

Solar-plus-storage systems also reduce your carbon footprint because you’re using sustainable energy from a renewable source: The sun.

Ideal Solar-plus-storage System Scenarios

• Areas with Frequent Outages
  • Regions with Solar Incentives
  • Homes with High Energy Demands

Solar-plus-storage System Considerations

Before choosing a solar-plus-storage system, know the upfront investment can be substantial. You’re paying for both solar panels and a storage system. However, you can mitigate this through long-term savings and tax incentives.

In addition, these systems require more maintenance due to their complexity of combining both solar and battery systems.

Solar-plus-storage System Recap

Solar-plus-storage systems combine environmentally-friendly power with energy independence. You’ll reduce your power bill and maintain power during outages. As technology advances and costs decrease, these are becoming a popular option for forward-thinking, eco-conscious consumers.

Power Up with the Anker SOLIX X1 Home Energy Storage System

Anker SOLIX X1 Home Energy Storage System provides an excellent solution for homeowners. It works as a battery-storage or solar-plus-storage option and features high energy capacity and power. Plus, Anker SOLIX X1 is designed with a sleek appearance. It’s coming to the US in the first half of 2024, and we’ll be sharing more details then, including specs and cost as well as installer detailers.

Battery Storage or Solar-plus-storage System?

If you’re most concerned about helping the environment, connect Anker SOLIX X1 with your solar panels. If you suffer from frequent outages, install a hybrid system to always stay powered. If you live in an area with TOU rates, Anker SOLIX X1 helps lower your energy bill as either a battery storage or solar-plus-storage system.

Anker SOLIX X1 Recap

Anker SOLIX X1 provides a versatile power option for your home, whether you choose to install it as a battery storage or solar plus system, lowers your energy bills, and helps achieve energy independence.

Now, you know the advantages of solar, battery-storage, and solar-plus-storage systems. Join the discussion here or in our SOLIX HES X1 Facebook Group and let us know which energy solution works best for your home or which one you’re most interested in.

2 Likes

The photos are not visible (Google Chrome)

1 Like

Thank you for letting me know. I’m aware of this issue with Chrome. Hoping for solid support on this and a quick resolution. Happy holidays, Franz!

FWIW, Safari seems fine … it’s not my preferred browser either though:)

Its perfect now.:grinning:

1 Like

Good info, thank you!

Good. Thank you for letting me know:)

Honestly … you and I both know this is basic-basic, but I think it will help a lot of people. There’s a lot of curiosity and interest in solar energy for homes and knowledge is power!

1 Like

I have the Anker SOLIX F2000 (PowerHouse 767) Solar Generator w/expansion pack for home use and the camper. I love it. Now I am looking at larger whole-house systems. As I continue to learn more about battery back-up systems using solar, I appreciate this info!

2 Likes

We currently have 2 Tesla Powerwalls installed with Solar and absolutely love what they provide. I’m really excited to see Anker getting into this space and providing this option. Anker has produced some amazing technology over the last couple years and some really solid products, so I’m happy to see this space and options grow. If/when we move to a new home, I absolutely would consider Anker Solix as an option in our build/install on the new home.

2 Likes

thank you! That is high praise indeed! We’re excited about this new line of business, too.

NICE! Join our chat on Facebook if you’d like. It’s tonight at 5 p.m. PST: https://m.me/ch/AbaevG2Hvx4u4iur/ The topic is basics of solar for the home.