How exactly does remote access to the Solix F3800 work?

Hi, I’m getting conflicting info on how I can remotely access my solix F3800 when not at home.

1. I read somewhere that once you’ve got Bluetooth and Wi-Fi set up and you are connected to your F3800 via the Anker app, there is a setting that allows you to configure remote access, but my app settings does not show any such setting selection.

2. I read somewhere else stating that the Anker app connects to Anker servers, so I could remotely log in to the anker app on my android phone and see the status and control my f3800.

Testing this, I was a few miles away from my home the other day and could not connect to my f3800 remotely.

Today, I was home in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and connected to the F3800, and I then turned off my WIFi and Bluetooth to simulate being remote & working off my isp’s internet with the expectation that the Anker app would link to the Anker servers and allow me to see my F3800 which, sadly, did not occur.

So I’m trying to understand how access to my solex f3800 is supposed to work so I can troubleshoot further.

Thanks for any help.