How did you get your username

Just like the title says, this is for those who want to share how they came up with their username.
For me, well, growing up I was a fan of The King of Fighters arcade. My favorite character in that game was a guy named Ralf. He was part of a mercenary group named the Ikari Warriors so that’s why I chose that name.

I’d love to hear how you guys came up with yours :grin:

5 Likes

This is a great post! Mine came from basically my last name and my love for star wars! IWhen I was in the US Navy some people could not pronounce my last name, which is Diaz. So they just called me DICE.

2 Likes

Lol based on your username I could tell you liked star wars but I had no idea where the dice part came from :joy: thought maybe you were really good playing dice games

1 Like

I used to have a different username @ cshenoy, changed this to @Shenoy to match my last name and also had it to match the logo / icon for my profile

1 Like

Nothing complicated

My name is Mac and I don’t have a surname. I have just.one name … Mac … That’s it.

1 Like

So my name is Andrew. A few years back some friends started calling me anjew (Anjou, anju, any spelling works). So I decided to use that as my username (anjou1888). The number was random.

I recently changed to match the name of my blog :grin:

1 Like

Kinda self explanatory on mine :grin: first name initial and surname…took ages to think up :laughing:

5 Likes

My surname is Master… numbers are random, that’s all😉

1 Like

I just started using it about 15 years ago and everything including gaming handles were setup with my current username.

1 Like

My account is based on my spam gmail (I.e. in case I have to subscribe to forums, create an account that won’t be associated with my true gmail, etc), which is basically named test account.

So I just used the first letter of the test; shortened account to acct; and placed random numbers afterwards.

How did you ever come up with such a creative name? :rofl:

Mine comes from a Linux bash command being ^foo^bar which is used to edit the previous run command without the need of retyping the whole command again. Nothing real special, just had a mess up back in the day using it so it kind of stuck with me.

It took me longer :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: My username is my first name :wink: Yes, very original. Hahaha. And no, it’s not short for anything. LOL.

1 Like

It’s my name I did it by mistake :joy:

Well let me tell you about how babies are born…

It’s my First and Last name, woops. Usually go by Quinnarm on these things. Maybe I can update it. LOL

Was my full name, but decided to change it when I noticed @techman had changed his. Spent some time thinking about it, and settled on gANKstER because it incorporates the name of the company and sounds imposing. It also feels right with the mona lisa thing I made for my avater!

I love my NAME so it is my USERNAME
Hey that rhymes :joy:

1 Like

My surname is Ogston and grew up with the nickname Oggy (and I’m a boy) :joy:

2 Likes

Mine is pretty self explanatory as well as it comes from my love of watching Macgyver when I was growing up.

Each username I have usually always has 2 or 3 numbers at the end. Some of the numbers have relevance (mostly wrestling related lol) others are just what I like. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Years ago I did security work, after working a 14 hour shift and driving 3 hours home I crashed hard. I was awaken by one of my friends pleading with me to help break up a fight in the house. Two of our friends were drinking and started fighting, it took 6 people to hold down Pito and the other guy was pinned behind the couch by two other friends. Well I told the guy behind the couch to get out of the house and he left without incident. Pito on the other hand was a different story, I went in the room and told everyone to get off him. They pleaded saying I was only 1 person and it took 6 of them to pin him down, I said get off him and leave the room. The all ran out and he jumped up and came at me. I picked him up by the throat and threw him back, he charged at me again and this time just picked him up by the back of his shirt. He yelled at me and said put me down you beast, I carried him to the front porch and threw him off and told him to go home. Later that day he came back and apologized to everyone and called me a freak of nature as he kept hitting me and it didn’t phase me, afterwards he started calling me Tank and so did everyone else. The name stuck after that.

1 Like