Homekit motion sensor requires eufy app notifications?

Hi,
I have an indoor eufycam 2 pointing at the entrance door. I’ve added it to Homekit to configure the motion sensor to trigger the entrance light. This seems to work only if in the eufy app, under the Security tab, I enable either notifications or recordings.
Do I need to receive a notification or have a recording every time someone walks by the entrance area while I’m at home?
Am I doing something wrong? Bug?
Cheers.

Thank you for reaching out.

To address your concern, you can enable recording faeture in the either of the app, and the setting will be the same. However, it is vary for the notification setup.

Hereby attached the reference aricle for you as the reference:

If you are still having the issue with device, please send the eufy account to support@eufylife.com so we can quickly look into this case for you.

Hi,

Thanks for that but I’m afraid that you missed my point.

The camera is indoors, I don’t want it to record when we’re at home, I just want it to trigger Homekit automation and switch the light on when movement is detected.

I need to enable eufy app -> Security -> Home -> Record Video or eufy app -> Security -> Home -> Push notification for the Homekit automation to work.

When we’re at home I don’t want a recording nor a notification when someone walks past the camera. I just want the light in the ceiling to turn on via Homekit automation.

Apparently I can’t get automation to work if all options at eufy app -> Security -> Home are disabled. Why?

I have solved it.
I removed the cameras from the base, then remove the base from the eufy app, then press sync button for 5 seconds on each camera, then reset the base with the pin.

At this point I belive it’s like if I had never configured anything.
I the base to HomeKit using Apple Home app and scanning the QR code, then re-add the cameras with the sync button in the base.
It seems that if I don’t use the eufy app, the motion sensor works with HomeKit.

1 Like