Help! Eufy Robovac 11+ Suicide Watch, or Tom Cruise's stunt double

Eufy wants out or to be a star… perhaps the work is just too difficult - he didn’t know he was going to a 4 dog house when we purchased him… or maybe he wants to be in the next Mission Impossible movie - but recently, all he wants to do is jump.

It appears he’s always had a screw loose, so to speak… and we didn’t know any better. In an attempt to find out if his newly-found desire to jump has happened to others, we just learned that he is not supposed to run into things, (furniture, people, dogs). We just figured that was his way of getting around. Our Eufy runs into everything and everybody - and has since we took him out of the box. Its not like he crashes into anything/anybody at such a high speed to cause damage, but even this morning, before trying to jump the stairs, I watched as he ran into the back of one of our dogs who was relaxing on the floor. The dogs don’t even move anymore when Eufy approaches and neither do we (the people). We all just send him on his way, to find another obstacle that will change his direction.

But the jumps are new and he seems quite anxious to succeed as he makes a beeline to the stairs the minute we hit start. Then, of course, jump attempted, he lays one stair down screaming until we save/move him.

HIs most amusing jump to date was when he tried to make a break for it - the front door had been left open while taking groceries into the house and Eufy took a running leap, hoping to be free to clean the world… I will contact Amazon and Eufy support, but thought if anyone else shared our experience, the community might have a solution.

btw - Eufy’s requirement for fully supervised movement, notwithstanding, we think he’s great! In a home with 4 large shedding dogs, we wouldn’t breath without him… was even thinking of purchasing another one so he could have some help. Go Team Eufy!

1 Like

Strange behavior!
Have you cleaned all detectors and sensors?
If so , really no idea, sorry about.
You should ask Eufy.

May be it is really a hostile takeover by aliens! :sunglasses:

Hi @petassist,

The product you owed maybe have some problems. Our customer representative has contacted you. We will give you a replacement for a try. Please check your email box.:grin:

I think you contact contact support it should never try and kill itself or run into things.

Mine bumps into wall as it follows the walls and corners program. (I’m not sure if its suppose to bump its way down the wall) @AnkerOfficial is it the Robovac suppose to do that on its deep cleaning cycle?

However it does not run into my dogs most of the time. Every once in a while it will hit the dogs or a pair of shoes on the floors. It loves eating cables so we have to make sure to clear the floors everything that it might hurt it.

Overall we like our Eufy but don’t operate it without supervision. As long as one of us is home in the house, we run it.

1 Like

Yes indeed.
As an “old-fashioned” person, I will never let the robot working alone without control. Sometimes it bumps very tenderly against objects and carries around shoes. (shoelaces are dangerous :grin:)

object’s recognition:
There is a difference of the bumping behavior if the object are more light or dark.

A week ago I was very surprised when the robot started suddenly to work.
Of course my fault, as I activated some time schedule acidentially.

1 Like