Hello, City! | Share Your Story and WIN PowerCore II 6700!

It is super expensive here, cost of a roof over my head increased 9x

But the weather is so gorgeous is kind of cancels it out, basically we don’t do pay for holidays as this place is one long holiday, nearly always sunny, rarely particularly cold so we turn the “problem” of no spare money into spending a lot of times outdoors, lots of low-cost hobbies be it cycling or walking. We don’t dine out, few takeaways due to needing to be economical, so its the likes of barbeque and sit in the garden. I have an orange tree and eat an orange a day and never get ill so probably the lifestyle is healthy. Most Californians look atypical for average USA being generally healthier. So likely the high cost of living is giving us more life.

Never been to Merthyr Tydfil, nearest I been there is Bristol and Leominster (which is not Wales but England). I have been into the nation of Wales in the north across the top to go to Anglesey to Ireland. If I were in your part of the world, probably mountain hiking would be my thing.

It’s a puzzle to live in other high cost cities, like London without the California weather, but I reckon good people find something they enjoy wherever they land.

1 Like

It does looks lovely in California. Would love all year round sunshine. It’s seldom hot here. Our summers don’t last long and then sunny periods are often interrupted with rain.

On a nice day there can be an hour queue on top of Pen Y Fan for a photo because it gets that busy. The mountain is well used.

Wow! Thank you @AnkerOfficial!!! We should definitely go back together:D

Congrats @doris4jin

1 Like

Congrats!! @doris4jin

1 Like

Congrats @doris4jin :clap:t2::clap:t2:

1 Like

Congrats @doris4jin

1 Like

Thanks @nigelhealy @elmo41683 @k_pug2003 @Element321 and @AnkerOfficial!

1 Like

Not sure how I missed this but here goes

Hello Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I have lived in this great city since 1985. My first thoughts were that it was way too big. 650000 people back in 85 and today it is over 1.4 million. I quickly grew to enjoy the size as it brought with it major sporting events and concerts. It takes less that 20 minutes to escape the city in any direction and we are less than 1 hour to the rocky mountains. The city is famous for the Calgary Stampede which is a yearly event that attracts people for all over the globe and features the largest rodeo in the world dating back to 1912

My favorite part of the where I live is the 4 distinct seasons.

We have many chinook winds that create tempature swings from -20celcius to plus 10 celcius. ( -4 f to plus 60 f) in 24 hours

Uploading…
Uploading…Uploading…

6 Likes

You missed the prize but it is still a good topic.

No worries. I have had more than my share lately. :wink:

2 Likes

You just wanted to let them a chance, right ;)?

1 Like

Congrats, @doris4jin! Your London pictures are awesome!

1 Like

Thanks @TechnicallyWell :smiley:

London is amazing, especially with an Anker Selfie Stick :joy:

6 Likes

Haha, lovely girls around you!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

The first picture is incredible!!!:grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Received my prize today, super happy and thank you @AnkerOfficial :kissing_heart:

9 Likes

How long does it take to charge? It looks like it’s a pretty convenient size.