Have you seen the most recent news from Amazon on product reviews?!

Kinda hope we hear something by now on the new policy on reviewing the product what is acceptable and what’s not.

There’s got to be a better way for Amazon to handle this.

Yes I have seen this. I don’t know what to do about this.

Good for Amazon! This will not only help Amazon, but also the buyers!

Not really just go look at all the reviews for the NES Classic

Technically, power user reviews are now totally against Amazon guidelines in the US, so you actually run the risk of losing reviewing privileges by posting reviews of any free samples. Luckily, we’re okay here in the UK (for now), but I can’t help but point out the obvious breach of guidelines here.

Seems the policies are making there way to the UK site as well but in a slightly less harsh manner;

from email;

As a frequent reviewer of products on Amazon, we want you to be among the first to know about our review policy changes. Shoppers consistently tell us that they value reviews from other shoppers who they know have purchased the product on Amazon. As a result, we are introducing a policy change around customer reviews. Customers can now only submit a limited number of non-Amazon Verified Purchase reviews each week. The count is calculated each week from Sunday at 12:00am UTC through Saturday 11:59pm UTC. Your ability to submit Amazon Verified Purchase reviews will not be impacted. This policy also does not apply to Vine reviews or reviews on digital and physical books, music, and video.

What is an Amazon Verified Purchase review?
• When an Amazon Verified Purchase badge appears next to a review, it means we have verified that the person writing the review purchased the product at Amazon and represents a typical customer experience with the product.
• Reviews that are not marked “Amazon Verified Purchase” are valuable as well, but we either can’t confirm that the product was purchased at Amazon or the customer did not pay a price available to most Amazon shoppers.

Funny how this has gone out to ‘Top Reviewers’ (yes, I buy a number of items from them besides Anker PU samples) yet a number of ‘Top Reviewer’ are left off their Vine program in favour of users with sometimes 20-100 reviews :open_mouth:

I noticed once the Amazon new policy went into affect, all the review sites products were either gone or no new ones offered. Anker being one of them.