Galaxy S10 can act as wireless charger

Galaxy S10 can act as a wireless charger for other phones/earbuds including iPhone

3 Likes

That’s amazing. Makes me wonder what apples going to produce at the end of the year!

2 Likes

It’s a cool feature, but from what I’m seeing/reading it is very slow to the point where it’s almost not worth it. I’m guessing Apple doesn’t improve on that if they release it in their next line of phones, but it’ll be interesting to see how the technology evolves in the next few years.

2 Likes

That’s a wicked idea :bulb:

1 Like

@ndalby
Maybe combine these with a S10 discussion page?

1 Like

This thread is older. The other can be combined with this.

3 Likes

Should be a cool feature to test, wondering how other phones will catch up

1 Like

@amangons thanks for the heads up…

Edit - merged from duplicate thread

Has anyone seen this? The Galaxy S10 is coming with the ability to charge other devices from the phone. In other words, the phone itself is a qi charger, so the plugged in phone works just like a qi charging pad, and the phone on its own will wirelessly charge anything as long as it’s own battery is above 30%.

Also, Samsung is releasing its own true wireless earbuds, that look a lot like Anker’s. EXCEPT, the case has qi inductive charging. Can we expect to see a case for the Soundcore Liberty series with this additional feature?

2 Likes

Huawei beat Samsung to charging other devices with their smartphone. This is a neat feature, but it only allows up to 4.5watt charging. Huawei marketed it as a feature to charge your friends phone; Samsung has done better by talking about the usefulness of charging your Galaxy Buds.

Rumor has it that Apple will be looking to do this with this years iPhone and the AirPods 2.

2 Likes

That will be the fastest Apple has ever moved on anything :laughing:

2 Likes

Hey, they were only two years late on BT 5.0 :joy:

2 Likes

Surely with wireless charging inefficiency the giving phone would deplete far more then the receiving phone?

Feels a dumb idea, just buy a Powercore Slim 5000?
(that’s what I do)

4 Likes

Why spend so much $$$$$ just to wireless charge other device … Once you load up the phone with apps such as Facebook, so long with charging, a spare charger may be required for the S10

I don’t think it is meant for everyday use as wireless charger. But for some scenarios it may come handy. It will be real useful if you carry wireless earbuds regularly.

1 Like

For sure. If the new iPhone had this with the wireless charging AirPods case, there’s no way I wouldn’t use it regularly.

As it is, I always end the day with ~30% battery on my iPhone, keeping the AirPods charged up would be super convenient.

Great idea from Samsung and I’m sure it will be useful on certain scenarios. I’ll will probably take a couple of years to evolve to something truly useful. It will be nice to show it off tho :+1:

1 Like

WoW! That is super impressive! I saw Verizon has it in stock now. If you buy an S10 they will give you an S10e for free or $750 off the S10. Hmmmmm, my head is still stuck with XS Max… but I’m still thinking about it!

1 Like

That is what you call innovation. Sickest and coolest smart-phone features ever :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::yum::open_mouth::scream::astonished:

1 Like

For those who don’t know much yet, or just interested…

I HAVENT READ THIS YET MYSELF

1 Like