Galaxy Fold review units are failing

Version 1 of anything.

Version 3 we’ll probably love and begin buying.

2 Likes

Me: *waits until version 5 or 6 to buy version 4. Saves a ton of money :money_mouth:

:joy:

2 Likes

There is always growing pains to a new form factor and new platform. There is a lot in the fold that is similar to previous galaxy phones, on a software level, but there is so much that is simply uncharted territory.

I imagine that v.2 will be more stable. I mean, I read they aren’t making many units available anyway.

Have to wait to see how rampant these issues are.

1 Like

Aw man that’s not good. Like @professor said, later generations will be better. I’m glad I didn’t shell out $2000 for a glitching phone :joy:

1 Like

So it requires both.

You need people to buy version 1 to uncover the problems the designers did not think of. Personally I’d prefer if they just had plenty of NDAs and gave out many free units to diverse users, and not waste a single penny on marketing, and then after a year+ let version 3 come out with marketing $ spent on letting people know.

We then need the version 3 buyers to find the less obvious problems.

Without version 1 buyers it would be a less innovative world, but I wished that marketing departments budgets were slashed and more into science, engineering, research.

I’d rather a Powercore 20000 with 45W input and output than another + or II or Redux or some other marketing gimmick.

That’s is actually a good idea. Too bad they won’t do it. For right now we gotta let the 1st gen customers find and report the issues. I’m glad there is social media so Samsung (or any other company) can be shamed for it and pressured to do better

1 Like

Well even Apple has fall behind since Steve Jobs past they still try to innovate. The fold screen patent was given to Apple before Samsung to begin with (If you don’t know do your homework) Clearly all the fold phones out there are not production models yet. All the people that had this issue removed the protected layer(That has been mention by Marques)

Like anything else Samsung will be on the everybody radar because the pull the trigger and created something new. And that deserves credit. Now this is normal, new product nobody else has produce with this quality. I used iOS but I got to say the most beautiful phone I ever had was the Note 7.

I don’t see myself getting this phone, the price and the fact that I don’t need a cell tablet.

Let’s give sometime to Samsung to hash little details.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Very well said. And I agree with you, to me, the Note 7 was just beautiful. I had a note 4 before I had the 7 so it was like a 2 year jump to me. And man, I loved that phone :sob:
I gave it back because of the recall and I didn’t want to take no chances, but the phone worked just fine

1 Like

I guess with these review unit failures, Samsung will learn a lot about consumer usage and area of improvement both in devices as well as documentation.
This is the first step towards fold-able phones and it is obvious that there will be a learning curve.

You are right, it needs better documentation and better testing. I’m glad it was Samsung who took the first step with the foldable display, and I’m sure Samsung and other companies will learn a lot and take different measures to avoid making the same issue

1 Like
3 Likes

Watching that video right now :joy:

Lol me too. I noticed a notification from him on YouTube but didn’t watch it earlier

I don’t know how far you are into the video but bruh he just used a quote from Zack from Jerryrigeverything :joy:

Let me see if I catch it

Can’t please some people. iPads not meant to fold do and break, phones meant to fold break too. Sigh.

My last two big expenses still fine

Was it when he said what level he thinks the would scratch the screen?

I’ll watch future videos and then his full review. Maybe this 2nd phone won’t give him issues

Yep but Zack doesn’t use those numbers anymore because phones use a glass screen instead of plastic

I don’t like how much strength he uses to bend the devices either but considering how many people saw bent iPad pros straight out the box it definitely is a poorly built device. I won’t go folding devices but I need to see that they’ll survive in my bookbag