Galaxy Fold review units are failing

I wouldn’t call them trash, the Note 7 was extremely popular but due to the oversight when it came to the battery (which again was really stupid on Samsungs behalf), it really destroyed what could have been a great device.

Also, wasn’t in the reply to me but the IOS vs. Android debate is real subjective. I only recently switched over to an IPhone after 4 years with my Note 4 and I loved that phone. For me personally, I saw that which each phone I lost some features and gained features. So yeah just really depends on your use case

1 Like

The camera may not be as subjective as you think it is. You doubtless have a Freind with a newer-ish iPhone model. Next time you see them, take your phone side by side and turn on the cameras. Note which one has truer colors. The iPhones color is almost exactly what your eyes will see. Samsung’s cameras colors are waaaay off.

Apple also seems to be the only phone that actually benifits from dual cameras.

Now there are some aspects to the cameras that definitely are subjective, but the color isn’t…

Hey knucklehead, apple has had issues with their iPhones yet you still buy them. Regardless if what issues a phone has they all have their own shortcomings. And you say Samsung isn’t that innovative? Like really what the heck has Apple invented? Everything they have and do is years behind Android.
WeBtw you say you hate Samsung cameras, yet they have been top rated for the past 3 phones, u may hTe it and that’s fine butb ok

3 Likes

That’s why I didn’t say that Samsung was a problem. In fact, I didn’t say any of those things were problems.

I said the were problems for me. Others might not care at all.

Again, the fact that they clearly don’t do enough testing on there phones makes me skeptical that any given phone I buy from them will work or not.

$800+ is a lot to spend on something that might not work.

When did I say Apple was innovative?

Btw, The iPod was pretty amazing, AirPods were some of the first, good true wireless earbuds, and Macintosh basically changed the world.

Lol I was gonna say I had the Note 7 and DID NOT have a single issue. Not overheating, or smoke came out of it. And I had for weeks. Out of all of the Note 7s a few had the issue with the battery, but NOT every single one of them. However due to backlash and safety concerns Samsung decided to recall them. But again, I was a Note 7 owner and I can say mine did not have issues

1 Like

Such a shame… looking forward for the release but I guess it’s stalled.

Were you planning on buying one?

Nah, apple will wait till all problems are solved and at least one company has a full working faultless (yeah I know!) unit that’s being sold, THEN AND ONLY THEN, will apple start to design one, claim a patent for it, and say it’s their idea and sell millions of them, then 2 months later, the press will be full of snap-gate etc lol

Sorry but Apple wasn’t inovative with the airpods, wireless earbuds were out long before those ever came out. L

1 Like

Please read my post before commenting. Thanks!

Actually it is either a Sony or Samsung camera unit, apple do not own or design any cameras.

Most often it’s a Sony unit inside taking your pictures.

As for truer/more life-like colour tones, it’s extremely subjective. It’s all down to how your eyes are at interpretating the colour, and what you’ve been guided to accepting… So if only ever had iPhones, you’ll only see iPhone pictures, and vice versa for other makes.

I’ve never been totally one phone or another, and I have a diploma in photography (old school with film), and I see good.in both.
For me, the camera is a massive selling point. As each phone has developed, so have the cameras, even if one.company still uses the same camera for years!

Only a proper camera with a huge megapixel nor decent film, will ever get a true likeness, but again all the equipment doesn’t take away from the eye! A bad photographer will take a shit pic on expensive equipment!

You clearly don’t know about cameras. A large part of what makes a camera good, is the software behind the sensor. Apple doesn’t design there sensors, but the software behind it they definitely do.

As for megapixls, most professional (and amateur) photographers agree that they mean almost nothing to the quality of the photo.

Seeing the pattern from the past, your lines does make sense. They will wait on Samsung / LG to work out all the nitty-grittys and issues, and then come out with their model of the finest iPhone ever :laughing:

I’d you can’t tell the difference between a 5mp m 20mp DSLR camera picture, I’m sorry. Obvs as camera get higher pixels, the software of interpreting the image sensor improves also.

I may not know a lot about software of cameras (as I said I’m old school) I do know what it takes to take/create/shoot/capture an image. Megapixel does make a difference, in the same way 35mm was better picture quality than a 110 and aesium format 120 was far superior to 35mm. For some it’s CMOS v CCD, and almost all phone cameras use CMOS.

The reason Monet’s later paintings were so heavily blue was he had caterax and that’s how he saw the colours, as far as HE was concerned, that was the colour!

How I see colour is different to you, and different to rob and vicky verky! This is why we all love black n white photos cos there is no colour and also cos it’s considered old school.

Apple may tweek Sony’s software, but it doesn’t design it from scratch.

I’m puzzled as to why these units have supposed “screen protectors” already installed that are not supposed to be removed, but the reviewers state that no where in the box does it state not to remove it. :confused:

1 Like

They just want to see the world burn, if it’s not Apple they don’t care

It seems like UnboxTherapy didn’t ave any problems with his Samsung Galaxy Fold.

Maybe removing the “screen protector” was the issue

I saw some youtubers tweet that even when they didn’t remove it, the phone glitched out