Fusion out

Never was mentioned by Anker.

Is TechnicallyWell an admin.?

@TechnicallyWell Ryan is as moderator as is @ndalby Neil.

@avexius Jack is administrator as is @AnkerOfficial

1 Like

Out of chance does someone know the new battery supplier that anker is using, I am worried that the quality might slip

1 Like

Nope. Look for a tear down of say the Slim or the Powercore II. Might take a while. The computer generated inside images hint at Lithium Polymer which explains the higher wattages we’re seeing in smaller mah as well as new casing design. There is a teardown of the jump starter but doesn’t get to the make model level.

Very confusing to me. I expect announcements from Anker Official whenever there is a discount!!! @AnkerOfficial. I’m pretty sure this is what they would want, too, as it’s always what they’ve done before!

Is the jumpstarter using the new battery supplier?

If you recall, members here often point to codes they get from different sources they are not all from official announcement.

Also bear in mind it was a holiday weekend and official announcement would be from employees vs unofficial from unpaid volunteers doing the likes of reviews etc and benefit from codes to pull eyeballs to revenue earning means (sites, or referral codes).

In this case it was a community example where folks like me noticed it and another saw the review and posted the code. Those who were not active in the community were not here to benefit.

1 Like

I don’t know. If you look at the tear downs available, the computer generated videos, and just the shape, you see what appears to be Lithium Polymer in the Jumpstarter, the Slim 5000, the Powercore II, and my guess in the Fusion also. Polymer can be made into any shape and as the polymer comes with less protection it needs added protection, the tear-down videos stop at that added protection so you cannot see the underlying make/model. The 18650B like in the 10000, 26800, 20000, etc the make/model is on the outside of the protection so its clear.

If I read the pros/cons of polymer, the need to add protection is what is preventing from safely knowing make/model, is a cause of why the Wattage output trend seems to be higher and why the density seems a little worse.

But I don’t know.

Hi everyone, we’ve noticed your heated discussion about our Powercore Fusion! This product was so hot, it completely sold out in less than 3 hours! But don’t worry, we’ve got a lot more coming very soon. Keep checking our community and your email for updates. :wink:

2 Likes

3 hours sounds amazing. What the web page tracker showed was it ran out of stock over 3 days, it flip flopped quite a bit and yes now settled as it disappeared off Anker’s page and unavailable on Amazon. The last step before unavailable was Prime shipping disappeared.

Was there a discount on it?

Oh so you were talking about the Fusion not the jumpstarter?!

I expect an official announcement from Anker and I’m sure that’s what they would wish for too!

1 Like

I’m keeping my eye out for them–thanks for the info!

I got mine. Shown central is the Fusion, for scale to left is Powerport2, to right the Powerport5 and below the Powercore 1000.

I will do some testing to primarily check it is working and to learn its limitations, I’m flying next 2 weeks so it will get some travel attention.

1 Like

$20.49

code KINJFUSN

One per customer, so if you want to buy multiple then must use Amazon Household and another account to share any Amazon prime.

Thinking about getting a Fusion… It’s on sale. Would you recommend? Thanks.

No.

It falls out easily.

if you’re referring to the $22 offer today, its been lower, I seen at $20. Logic is it will return back to $20 or even lower if you want it and no rush. You know my view, its not wildly innovative and given it has been popular, a redesign should be in the works.

1 Like

Is this due to it’s weight? Do other devices plugged in to the same power outlet stay in?
The reason I bring this up is that I just replaced a whole slew of power outlets (USA) in a friend’s home due to wear. After many years of plugging/unplugging, the outlets themselves can wear (internally at the contacts level) and won’t hold certain plugs correctly. The outlets themselves are quite inexpensive at .49 cents (Home Depot in a package of 10) and replacing them (assuming one knows what they’re doing) can be the best fix for these “loose” plugs.

1 Like