Friendly Request Regarding Creating New Topics

Right on! I’ll get there some day!

1 Like

You get more points for creating a new topic, so at the moment that’s what’s happening. This points idea flooded the forum with all kind of discussions.

2 Likes

Currently it’s all about the points so I see loads of threads that seem to just be posted to get points, much like this reply lol.

4 Likes

great point - but not something that is unique to this forum. Most any online forum suffers from the same problem. I’m a frequent user of TripAdvisor and it’s amazing how many people ask questions that can be answered by the FAQs or sticky topics on that forum.

1 Like

Keeping it :100:, right on!

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder. I’ve been lenient lately because I understand that people are excited about the event and prizes and will be posting more than usual. However, blatant spam or thoughtless posts will be dealt with and points will be adjusted at our discretion.

Furthermore, before we hand out the prizes to the winners, we’ll check each winner’s account activity to make sure they are not cheating.

4 Likes

Good to know. Haven’t checked in much today due to other engagements but did shut one / report one this morning which was kinda beyond blatant point posting.

1 Like

Yeah, after making a post about creating a forums app in the first few minutes of forum launch, there have been 2 more threads about it.

1 Like

Glad to hear acounts will be getting checked before prizes being given out. It is reassuring for people like me who actually like being part of a helpful forum, prizes or not.

3 Likes

I notice that you are a Moderator, so I decided to inform you of this: a couple of my posts have been flagged and reported as spam (both of the posts contained nothing wrong). In fact, I’ve received an automated message from Anker saying that my comments have been hidden. Any ideas as to what I should do? Thank you for your help. I truly do appreciate it.

1 Like

well said more topics should be created but when its needed

1 Like

Ok thanks for letting us know​:ok_hand::+1:

1 Like

So far you have 11 flagged posts and 2 of them are blatantly written just to earn points, including one that quotes:

I forgot what I was going to post about but I know that it was going to be really cool and important!

I would suggest putting more thoughts into your posts.

4 Likes

Funny I was gonna respond with the same quote you used in your response

1 Like

Wait. I’m confused. How do I have 11 flagged posts? I thought it was only two.

1 Like

True but would you also say that their accounts should be taken down for inappropriate use?

1 Like

Just to earn points?! I actually legitimately forgot what I was going to say but knew that it was important. I was also attempting to add humor to someone’s day and spur conversation, possibly causing be to remember, eventually!

1 Like

In addition, I have been one of the top contributors here at the forum! I am also interested in becoming an administrator. I noticed that you were one, so is there anything, such as an application to fill out, in order to become one? Thank you in advance for you time!

1 Like

@joshuad11 Your kinda starting to make things worse for yourself :confounded:

I would suggest pulling it back a bit and read/think clearly about something before posting. Just some friendly advice.

As Jack mentioned you have 11 flagged posts by community members, of which 2 seem like completely blatant posts merely to gain points.

1 Like

Same question as you, man! Any luck?

1 Like