Friendly Request Regarding Creating New Topics

Just a friendly request from one of your moderators. I know the majority of you are excited by the new Anker community and are eager to contribute and make new friends along the way. However can I please ask you to spare the time to search for topic subjects to contribute to, before creating a version of your own. Not only does this dilute some community spirit by having multiple small threads discussing the same thing but can also make it harder or confusing for future users who are after help / guidance or just want to say hello.

Many Thanks!

:slight_smile:

24 Likes

Good idea!

3 Likes

I feel that this should be stickied or at least show up as a pop-up for everyone since I see way too many pointless/unnecessary topics being posted.

3 Likes

I like this, but … it would help if, as I’m typing my topic title, the forum is working in the background to find similar topics and show me those to make sure what I’m about to talk about hasn’t been discussed already. At this moment, though, I do like that once I’m done posting in a topic, it gives some other random topics to post to at the bottom, I can quickly hop into another discussion right away! Neat.

4 Likes

That would be a good feature. Perhaps you could also mention it under the forum improvements thread on the General Section, thanks.

2 Likes

The Anker ‘Admins’ beat me to it. Was gonna give it another day before pinning to see how things panned out.

1 Like

How does one become a Moderator?

2 Likes

It’s an offer made by AnkerOfficial based on contributions to the community such as helpful comments, constructive topics/answers etc (at least that’s all I’ve done that I am aware of!) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Right on! I’ll get there some day!

1 Like

You get more points for creating a new topic, so at the moment that’s what’s happening. This points idea flooded the forum with all kind of discussions.

2 Likes

Currently it’s all about the points so I see loads of threads that seem to just be posted to get points, much like this reply lol.

4 Likes

great point - but not something that is unique to this forum. Most any online forum suffers from the same problem. I’m a frequent user of TripAdvisor and it’s amazing how many people ask questions that can be answered by the FAQs or sticky topics on that forum.

1 Like

Keeping it :100:, right on!

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder. I’ve been lenient lately because I understand that people are excited about the event and prizes and will be posting more than usual. However, blatant spam or thoughtless posts will be dealt with and points will be adjusted at our discretion.

Furthermore, before we hand out the prizes to the winners, we’ll check each winner’s account activity to make sure they are not cheating.

4 Likes

Good to know. Haven’t checked in much today due to other engagements but did shut one / report one this morning which was kinda beyond blatant point posting.

1 Like

Yeah, after making a post about creating a forums app in the first few minutes of forum launch, there have been 2 more threads about it.

1 Like

Glad to hear acounts will be getting checked before prizes being given out. It is reassuring for people like me who actually like being part of a helpful forum, prizes or not.

3 Likes

I notice that you are a Moderator, so I decided to inform you of this: a couple of my posts have been flagged and reported as spam (both of the posts contained nothing wrong). In fact, I’ve received an automated message from Anker saying that my comments have been hidden. Any ideas as to what I should do? Thank you for your help. I truly do appreciate it.

1 Like

well said more topics should be created but when its needed

1 Like