Forget Folding Phone, LG has a Second Display Screen

I was reading this article and found a good alternate for Samsung and Huawei’s folding phones. I don’t know the price tag yet, but seems promising.

Which design you guys like Fold vs Second display?

5 Likes

Looks cool. I would probably go for the two screens, simply because the folding screen seems to have a lot of bugs.

3 Likes

Hmmmm, so many technology changes to mobile phones. I do have to admit that I like this second screen versus the folding one. The price though…

2 Likes

Actually, these resemble old style flip/slideout keyboard phones. Instead of keyboards, they get screen.

1 Like

I personally feel instead of adding more display or extended display or fold, these phone Giants need to improve the battery performance, provide more software functionality, and improve security and make them scalable.

If required, add a subscription model to sustain the business

4 Likes

Subscription plans are already available in few countries

2 Likes

I like the concept of dual screen. With eink display for reading and notification. That should sip on battery rather then eating it.

I have seen this concept, interesting and friendly. With the latest technology, cannot they just build the same for the regular display - optimize on what is already there on colored screen

The dual screen reminds me of my kids Nintendo DS Gameboy thingamabob from back in the day.

2 Likes

Yes, kind of same concept !

There have been a lot of dual screen android devices in the past.

The ASUS ROG Phone, which is pretty recent but is still a 845, has a dual screen addon, and both screens are HDR 1ms OLEDs @ 90hz.

Kinda weird that LG is going wireless for it’s second display… Which is right next to it’s other one.
I just can’t stand that both screens on the LG arn’t the same size.

1 Like

Are you sure that second display on LG is wireless?

Yes, and it powers the other display over POGO pins on the phone.
It’s wireless, but over short range.

Very weird. Not only are both screens not the same dimensions, but they have different panels, so, different viewing angles and color temperatures… It’s the 3DS all over again.

Old news :tongue:

Was mentioned on the foldable phone thread :rofl:

Only messing…

Don’t know if I like the idea of having to buy 2 phones just to use this feature. Although could still work out cheaper than some of the foldable phones.

:grin: you are not buying 2 phones, it is 1 phone that has 2 displays :sunglasses:

Ah ok didn’t realise the “case” came with the second screen