Features or changes you would like to see come to the Anker forum?

I agree with what other people have said, I would like if there was a better menu for forum categories & if there was an option for a “night” version of the site where the background was black or dark grey. I prefer night versions of sites/apps since the regular white background can be a strain on my eyes, especally at night.

And something else I haven’t seen anyone mention: comment threads. I like when you reply to a comment there’s an arrow pointing to the avatar picture of the person you’re replying to. Not so much that its not directly below the comment, but further down like its a new seperate comment.

It makes trying to read a comment thread that much harder whether you’re trying to reply to a thread other people have made. Or you’re trying to backtrack to find something someone said in a previous comment. There’s a lot of scrolling & clicking to jump to the next reply or hit back, etc. Especially if the topic is active & a lot of people are commenting/replying.

2 Likes

I find replying on a mobile harder than it should be, the text box (typing in it now) is clipped and lots of screen taken up with fixed size nothing junk.

Just move this to XDA already.

2 Likes

I still get a typing bug on mobile Chrome. Sometimes I have to ‘request desktop site’ and then type for it to work. Sometimes the mobile version works fine. Does anyone else have this problem?

2 Likes

If the bug you are referring to is when you have clicked in the box, and type, but nothing appears then yes. I get this on multiple forums. Closing the tab and then navigating to it again normally cures it for another while.

2 Likes

I would like to see the menu for everything be improved, this was already mentioned, but honestly I just want to see the full name of a category instead of it being cut off half way through.

A grey or dark theme back ground for the forum.

Polls, surveys, question/answer for the forum posts would be nice too (i saw polls previously mentioned)

Better pagination for a forum post, especially one with a lot of replies, would be optimal as well.

2 Likes

Until this is fixed, you can click the “Categories” link (above the list) to see the full names: http://community.anker.com/categories

2 Likes

Products that Anker is working on would be very beneficial. I would like to see what is soon coming to the market.

2 Likes

I want to buy an Anker Battery Bank for an iPhone. However Anker does not make a battery bank with an charging INPUT of a female lightning port. They only have the female mini-USB input port like most (but not all of the battery banks out there.) If I buy a Anker Battery Bank and take it on a trip, I need to take 2 cables to be able to charge my Bank- an USB x USB cable to charge the bank plus an USB x LIghtning male end to charge my phone. About half the phones out there are Apple products… By the way I really appreciate the reliability of your Battery Banks - better than any other brand I can find.

2 Likes

Agreed, BUT Usb-c is the future. In fact, rumor has it that Apple ID even going to switch over to Usb-c with their iPhone 8 (Apple is usually the one of the last to switch to new, advanced technologies). Several other phones have also been making the transition over to Usb-c. (Google pixel, note 7, lg v20 - I think, etc…). Anker is already starting to make more and more of their portable chargers include a Usb-c input, fortunately and luckily. I really appreciate that! Way to go Anker! But I do agree with you: at least one power bank with a lightning input from Anker would be pretty neat.

2 Likes

Agreed. I mentioned this last month. A standalone app would be awesome.

1 Like

Any chance of your forums going onto Tapatalk?

1 Like

would love to have an app I could check the forum/power user stuff on. would do it so more often on commutes for example.

2 Likes

In the forum page; If i want to subscribe (in the footer section), the posts keep loading and pushes the footer section down. Can it be either moved to the top or the footer section be made static?

1 Like

I wasn’t sure where to post this seeing how I wasn’t able to locate an reference to a Suggestion area. Is it possible to include a Suggestion area to the forums?.. I realize that this could be misleading as to users wanting to suggest products… but I’m referring to suggestions geared towards the forum itself.

IE: Product Reviews, App Reviews, “How To” area, Maybe Even User Blogs added to Anker’s blog category etc…

1 Like

Update:

I’ve since submitted a request to delete the above “T0ASTERvan” account/screen name.

Next:
I was searching the forum for link to alternate profiles like Twitter, Flickr, Facebook, Instagram & Tumblr etc… Not only is one allowed to enter a bio about themselves, but adding links to other sites which one uses could extend the range of information to all viewing.

Next:
This might sound a bit odd… But why doesn’t Anker have shirt, hats, coffee cups, decals etc?..

Next
I’d like to be able to send a report to the moderators as a request to make a topic or post a sticky… Typically some forums sites have a report options but also a request a sticky option.

1 Like

I believe they do have a small amount of branded merchandise which they offer via competitions and/or giveaways via social media (a shirt was the last I saw on someones twitter feed, which looked pretty cool but in a not obvious ‘hey its Anker’ kinda way).

They probably think they isn’t much of a market to start selling branded shirts etc so they just occasionally offer as promotional merchandise, which is certainly cheaper than offering free product samples in the long run to promote ‘Anker’ as a brand…

2 Likes

Another one for the list (noticed more from the review week which is currently in progress). Ability to insert multiple photos as a gallery, instead of individual photos stacked in the post.

2 Likes

What about anti bot measures for replies and/or new threads?

1 Like

When uploading images the cap is 3k and that’s way to low. If I take a pic with my phone I have to edit the image down way to much. Sometimes I can’t get it that low or I don’t have time to send it to the desktop or even have access to edit images. Most sites I use and use to admin had limits of at least 5k or higher.

I know we upload to sites like Flickr but I’m not a fan putting random images and most other sites don’t like direct link image sharing unless the site is pulling the image and downloading to this site.

1 Like

If raising the limit is not currently an option for them, the ability for the system to automatically convert to a more acceptable format/size would be a good alternative.