Features or changes you would like to see come to the Anker forum?

Thought it might be a good idea for a central thread where users could make suggestions on what features you might like to see appear on the Anker forum, perhaps they were on the old version and not carried over or you have seen them on other forums and think they may make a good addition here.

@mattduvalgb mentioned on another thread about thread polls

Myself, I would like if the Power Users section opened in a new window or tab, to cut down on the backspacing when checking in. Others will probably come to mind with coffee.

Further ideas guys (and gals of course)?

15 Likes

A better menu for the forum categories!

Good example of a nice simple menu here

7 Likes

Not a feature as such, but I find the site too white for my liking.
The white background and lots of use of grey text make my eyes strain after a while. I know lots of ā€œmodernā€ website use this colour scheme as it looks professional, but I know I am not alone in thinking it does not offer enough contrast to be workable. Especially reading more than a few lines at a time.
Therefore the choice of a more contrasting colour scheme would be top of my wish list for forum improvements.

Apart from that I quite like the forum. I tend to only ever look in the ā€œnewā€ or ā€œunreadā€ lists like I do for most forums.

10 Likes

@Arwen Yep, a colour scheme option/choice would be a good accessibility choice for users, especially if you have a medical condition related to colours

@mattduvalgb The menu seems to need a slight re-think (or more like re-organise), your link looks like the same site builder / company so it probably would be easy for the chaps to do

4 Likes

I agree the color scheme needs to changed

4 Likes

In light of what has been mentioned here;

https://community.anker.com/t/anker-has-officially-acknowledged-amazons-new-policy/

Perhaps also a review section, to re-post same place reviews for forum members

5 Likes

If Anker is to continue awarding points for activities, I think it would be great if we could also earn points on the products we purchase and/or those we register.

10 Likes

Spam reporting capabilities.

There is one user in particular that seems to be ā€œmachine-gunningā€ random garbage posts just to claim points. I donā€™t care if people want to build up a bunch of points, but put a tiny bit of effort in and make the posts meaningful.

And people that do spam posts around, ought to get docked points, at least equal to the points gained, but preferably more to discourage the behavior. The old forums had that functionality if I recall correctly.

6 Likes

Donā€™t worry, I very much doubt they will fully get under the radar when it comes time to tally up time for awards etc.

5 Likes

Further to my last. If you see users posting very off topic items please feel free to use the ā€˜off topicā€™ reporting feature, but I do mean for off topic items, how do you walk your dog or wash your car might seem off topic but could be valid if in the general section. Should the thread then descend into a farce, we can step in to close down etc.

For example I had one this morning who had a topic title along the lines of ā€˜ainā€™t this coolā€™ yet his first post in the thread was ā€˜I donā€™t know what to writeā€™, yep that is for real.

3 Likes

Polls for sure! That would be great.

5 Likes

Polls

If you create a new thread it offers existing matches to keep like-chatter in fewer threads.

4 Likes

If you ā€˜likeā€™ a post by ā€˜systemā€™ you get a 500 error.

3 Likes

Which browser are you using? Iā€™ve just liked two posts in Chrome (desktop version) with no errors reported.

3 Likes

Chrome 54 on Android 6.0.1.

3 Likes

Try it on your ā€˜Congratulations you levelled upā€™ posts.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve found a little bugā€¦ However it may be an issue with signing in using a Google account rather than an actual forum issue.
If Iā€™m logged in on the forum using Chrome on a Windows 7 pc, then log in using chrome on my phone (Pixel - V 7.1 ) if I try and navigate around the forum on the pc I then get this error -

I can clear the error if I then log out of the forum on both android and pc, then reenter the forum fine.
Granted there is no real reason I need to navigate the forum on both devices at the same time. But it probably shouldnā€™t be doing it, other forums donā€™t.

Iā€™ve had the 500 error a couple of times too, but generally reloading it clears it for me. Figured the server was simply busy as there were multiple new posts when I refreshed the page.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve just tried this on mine Craig and it is working. Guessing you have tried just reloading it?
Could also try clearing the cache for the app.

4 Likes

Clearing your cache is always a good starting point for troubleshooting as @Arwen mentioned. As for the access denied message that @Arwen received, I would hazard a guess that it is something to do with an outdated session certificate. Might be worth dropping an email to support@anker.com to alert them, small tweaks are still ongoing from what I can tell so it may already been on the support chaps lists.

3 Likes

not really a feature for the website, but the experience as a whole. it would be great to have an app for this, even if it was just a web container so that we could receive notifcations for it on the go.

3 Likes