Features or changes you would like to see come to the Anker forum?

Which browser are you using? I’ve just liked two posts in Chrome (desktop version) with no errors reported.

3 Likes

Chrome 54 on Android 6.0.1.

3 Likes

Try it on your ‘Congratulations you levelled up’ posts.

3 Likes

I’ve found a little bug… However it may be an issue with signing in using a Google account rather than an actual forum issue.
If I’m logged in on the forum using Chrome on a Windows 7 pc, then log in using chrome on my phone (Pixel - V 7.1 ) if I try and navigate around the forum on the pc I then get this error -

I can clear the error if I then log out of the forum on both android and pc, then reenter the forum fine.
Granted there is no real reason I need to navigate the forum on both devices at the same time. But it probably shouldn’t be doing it, other forums don’t.

I’ve had the 500 error a couple of times too, but generally reloading it clears it for me. Figured the server was simply busy as there were multiple new posts when I refreshed the page.

4 Likes

I’ve just tried this on mine Craig and it is working. Guessing you have tried just reloading it?
Could also try clearing the cache for the app.

4 Likes

Clearing your cache is always a good starting point for troubleshooting as @Arwen mentioned. As for the access denied message that @Arwen received, I would hazard a guess that it is something to do with an outdated session certificate. Might be worth dropping an email to support@anker.com to alert them, small tweaks are still ongoing from what I can tell so it may already been on the support chaps lists.

3 Likes

not really a feature for the website, but the experience as a whole. it would be great to have an app for this, even if it was just a web container so that we could receive notifcations for it on the go.

3 Likes

Sent them an email with a link to here, also mentioned that I get one notification from this saying “Neil” has mentioned me and another saying “ndalby” has mentioned me. Not entirely sure why they are not the same. Isn’t forum set up fun! :joy:

1 Like

I’ve just tried it on my Chromebook (previously was on my Android phone) and got exactly the same 500 error.

1 Like

Hi, I’m so sorry first off that I didn’t find this, I was looking in the Q&A section. For that I’d have to back @mattduvalgb in his suggestion.
I’d like to move my other suggestion to this thread though. The site header needs to be global. Currently the header on this forum is different to the rest of the site. The wording also needs to be consistent, using ‘Community’ or ‘Forum’.

1 Like

No worries, I’ve updated the pin to been shown globally and moved your post to here.

3 Likes

I agree that any suggestion or when backspacing should open up a new tab

3 Likes

Sorry, not certain what you are meaning. Could you modify your post to be a bit clearer?

3 Likes

Thank you Arwen for the insight in regard of the white background. I also do find it little bit eye strain like she has described it.

3 Likes

Maybe a feature to add friends or follow an user? Some users are pretty active and write good topics :grinning:

2 Likes

I like the polls idea, and also think email notifications for replies would be ideal - maybe therefore a way to customise what you get notifications for to suit different user preferences.

2 Likes

Yeah, i agree so much more efficient when using such a feature on this site allows you to get more done.

2 Likes

More organized posts! Clearer (physically, too).

2 Likes

I think the time count down for the code promotion is kind of dumb… it does get traffic into the website to have customer check but I hate the idea when I check right on the turn of the minute on the time and all of the codes are given out already. It would be better to email the code out like how it was before. This I think just make people mad and think it is a scam.

Quinten

3 Likes

There is definitely a bug where sometimes I can’t type into the reply box on mobile, but I haven’t managed to identify the exact scenario yet. Has anyone else had this problem?

1 Like