FCC A3930 new bluetooth wireless buds

Agreed, it’s got the gold colour and is A3930. Looks legit.

The next step of Soundcore is going to be interesting. When the L2P was launched they stated orally that Ambient mode was coming, so some buyers feel they were owed Ambient, and so some will expect a L2P+ discounted in lieu of a false statement. Therefore I am wondering if it will be a quiet launch, not announced.

It is a sideways change, they remove AptX and add LDAC. So only those capable of higher bitrates, apps, the music, and the phone, can benefit.

From that ASIN we can infer the link to the other countries

Speculation on price? 149 Euros

Screenshot_20210710_002804

From the teardown, I do not see any inherent physical reason for these to be more expensive, if anything they could be lower price.

My mind is now focusing on the products yet to exist, the one after this A3930 L2P Upgraded. To keep the coaxial drivers with the inline armature, with ANC added, will involve some high creativity on the physical design. The coaxial design has the grill mesh, armature, driver, and for it tilted to the ear, so the rear of that whole stack of parts is intruding into the place where the electronics are. Nothing like any of their other buds. To then insert a microphone right in that stack will involve shrinking it all down in size, or shrinking the electronics.

Looking forward to the teardown of the “Liberty 3 Pro” (nickname) in a few months’ time. Beta Testers hopefully do a good job.

1 Like

I checked different countries. Odd, available in Canada before USA, and yet ships from USA. The price looks reasonable?

Screenshot_20210710_011605

@TheSnarkyOne

https://www.amazon.ca/Soundcore-Earphones-Technology-Transparency-Personalized/dp/B0948VB4MY/

Screenshot_20210710_010457

1 Like

Kind of interesting they would do such a small upgrade on this one I don’t think it will be enough for the marketing to go well. If they added anc as well then maybe but just ldac and ambient sounds makes it seem like it would be hard to compete with the older l2p when on sale for 100

Typically there is a 20% discount in a month, so around $120.

It makes most sense for this to be a quiet soft launch and focus most effort on the “L3P”.

LDAC is now in the LA2P as an unofficial firmware, the L2P Upgraded, Q35.

Q20 II yet to be for sale, Flare Mini upgrade yet to show, the Motion+ upgraded yet to show.

1 Like

Seems reasonable, as that was launch point for the original L2P

And I think they still hold that price…the white colorway of the Og still $169.99

From the teardown pictures, there’s no obvious inherent reason for these to cost more than original.

I’d expect a discount for these and end up similar price to L2P and then choice of AptX or LDAC, and how much battery life matters to you

Eyes move to the next product. This A3930 has physically existed for a year, uses chipsets been out that long, hence the modest update. So I’m expecting a more real upgrade product to be the one for L2P owners to expect to see as a true upgrade in next months.

1 Like

To illustrate they are stumbling release out, product has two names

Liberty 2 Pro Upgraded
Liberty 2 Pro+ (upgraded version)

“Note: Liberty 2 Pro Upgraded Version will appear as “Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro+” in your device’s Bluetooth menu.”

1 Like