Evacuation from Fire -- Yorba Linda, CA

We live in Yorba Linda, CA about 1 mile from where the Blue Ridge Fire started. A house burned down about 1/2 mile from our place. We are now evacuated. Sleeping at the in-laws tonight (they live 10 minutes away). We packed a few things including 4 Anker batteries (26800, 20000 PD, 10000 PD, 5200) and the PowerPort Cube.

3 Likes

Fingers crossed for you @onstar that you, your friends and your property stats safe.

1 Like

Better safe and you had time to pack.

1 Like

oh man, I really hope you guys are safe and can go home soon. here in colorado our fires have been out of control too and we have 2 family members that had to evac friday, but thankfully they were able to go back home yesterday and their houses are still there. I wish the same for you.

1 Like

Be safe @onstar and good luck!!

1 Like

Still can’t go home. Roads were opened for a little bit, but then another brush fire started this morning closer to our home, and the roads are closed again. Hoping we can stop by home tonight and pick up a few more personal belongings.

1 Like

Great to hear from you @onstar and hope you can get to your home soon.
Stay safe.

1 Like

Does remind of a perennial idea I can’t decide if good or bad.

I lived in California for many years right next to the San Andreas fault and kept a backpack by the front door to run outside with which contained water, food, powerbanks, etc. It never got used and every few months I’d refresh the water, discharge/charge powerbank, eat the food and replenish with new food.

It is similar to a fire situation of do you keep some essentials for emergencies? I guess in your car trunk? It does feel like a waste of resources for rare events.

1 Like

Roads are finally open. They are only letting residents through. We stopped by our apartment and turned on the air purifier, picked up a few things, and left. The rooms smell like hotel rooms where they allow smoking.

3 Likes

Keep us updated :+1:

Is there any way to stop smoke getting in?