EufySecurity on Android: huge battery drain

Hi!
Since I installed it yesterday, the Eufy Security app has been the single biggest battery drainer on my Android phone.
Here’s a couple of screenshots.
Is Eufy aware of the issue? Is anything being done about it?

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for informing us! We have forwarded this to our engineers so that we can refine the app.

The screenshots are extremely helpful. Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi! Any updates on the battery drain? Thank you!

Same issue here, also noticed some overheat in my phone since installed :frowning:
The keep alive service seems to be the main reason

For all those having battery life issues:

What app version are you on? One of the older versions of the app may drain battery life fast, but the most recent version has been improved quite a bit.

Indeed, last version with the modes screen redesign seems to have fixed this.

This was seen yesterday with v1.1.3_91(EU):

Battery draining CRAZY fast since installing eufySecurity app v1.7.4_581(US). Totally unacceptable.

Android 10.

PLEASE HELP! If not fixed before the return windows closes on my 2C kit, I will be forced to request a refund. My phone used to last 2 days between charges, now less than 1 day!

Thanks.

Hey,

It’s now Feb 2021 and the issue still remains. New user here. Took me a day to notice the flaw. Can’t live with it. It’s a major problem. I send mine back and go back to Wyze. Their app has zero issues

Too bad you had a negative experience

Just purchased and I’m finding the same. Concerned that this issue goes back over 3 years and is still a problem. Surprised I didn’t see this issue in the reviews.

Problem still exists with the new 4.0 App, Homebase 2 and 2K video doorbell.

I will have to return the product. Too bad, because otherwise it would be perfect.

Did you try to get suggestions from customers of the EUFY-Forum?

https://communitysecurity.eufylife.com/

Sometimes there is more tricky help than from the support! :laughing:

Don’t have the app but if there’s a bad battery draining app you can usually on most Android devices go into settings, battery, apps and tweak if the app is allowed to run in the background. You can stop it loading, stop it running. The downside is you get no notifications and have to run the app manually.

Hi, this issue still ongoing or has it cropped up again? Last 2 days or so seeing massive power drain with the app. Was okay before amd have been using happily for a few weeks. Has there been an update recently that has triggered this?

1 Like

The support could answer you question at the best.

I dont have an answer as there are so many variables @Mr_Cheney
But this is a snapshot of my usage as comparison.

2 Likes

I tried contacting support and they have never got back to me.

Has anyone noticed that recently your phone battery drains super quick but when you look it no longer says that the Eufy app has taken any percentage?

It’s like they have hidden the true power consumption rather than fixing the problem.

Tried the new version today v4.4.1_1414 and rapidly went to the highest battery usage without me actually opening the app and about 3 notifications whilst reporting less than a minute of being Active. The next highest item was my web browser which had been active for over 45 minutes. This is on a Galaxy S22 with Android 12 (August Security update). I’ve now gone back to v3.5.1_1159 which doesn’t have the problem again.