Eufycam watermark

My response is similiar but more definitive.

“Thank you for contacting Eufy.
Please accept our sincere apologies for disappointing you with the watermark. We always upgrade our product per client’s voice and preference, and we’ve forwarded the issue to our engineers for reevaluation. A function to turn the watermark off will be released in three months.

Apologies again for all this inconvenience and thanks for your understanding in this matter.”

As you guys have said, it is ridiculous that it will take that long to change back.

1 Like

Hello! @ hhamster86 Sincerely apologize for all inconvenience caused by the eufyCam watermark. We’ve double forwarded this concern to the supervisor of our engineer team and was informed that they would try their best to resolve this issue in the following 3 months (might add an option to enable or disable it ). Sincerely apologize for all inconvenience caused at the current stage! We’ll keep following the issue and try to accelerate its process. Thank you!

To undo something you’ve changed takes a day, 2 tops
Like I said, it’s best to remove it until you can implement it properly (your 3 months)

You haven’t had it for almost a year what’s an additional 3 months to keep customers happy?

5 Likes

At least they start to notice what bull**** they made. And 2-3 months is of course much to long for something what can made in hours, lets say 2-3 days to program, check and spread the firmware update. But 2-3 months is better then nothing and they would keep forcing it by losing a lot of customers.

Indeed, if they would take us serious, they would change it emmediatly!

Maybe it’s just a lie and they want to keep us waiting to still follow their “hush-up strategy” and hope in 2-3 months noone will complain anymore and will forget about it! :rage:

@AnkerSupport Thanks for finally taking part of this shitstorm/discussion/complains. Better late than never. But up to 3 months is ridiculous and the brand eufy is made enough damage to the reputation and trust. Really wanna keep that situation up for MONTHS?! Booo! :-1:

In a pinch spread the previous firmware version (rollback), which can be done instantly. And send out the updated/fixes firmware in 3 months, if you really think its healthy for the brand if the next firmware update will just come in 3 months(!) … :open_mouth:

2 Likes

The cynic in me also thinks this is the reality of what is happening. I will be returning my cameras if this is not fixed (we have strong consumer rights laws here in Australia). Might sound over dramatic but as it stands, the watermark is obscuring my cameras view (similar to the car example above). The cameras are no longer fit for my use.

1 Like

Thats would be your right, yes.

But don’t tell a german (european) about consumer rights :rofl:
I guess we have the most tight and best consumer rights and courts in the world :balance_scale:
You may ask facebook, google or amazon - they can tell you :grin:

If i would ask for refund and give back all my cams and hombases (worth about USD 3K) and eufy/anker would decline it, every european court would certify that the refund is justified because of the fact that the retrospectively added watermark, 7 month after release of the product, is a lately implemented product defect (Produktmangel) to the disadvantage of the customer and therefore he is entitled to get his money back.

But to be honest, i still hope in several points and issues, that eufy/anker wakes up again and comes back to the right path as the eufy cam is cool and in general a great product! They just need to stop their frippery and bad jokes and finally concentrate to the real important and serious features and issues back again!

The watermark is probably a logo with a transparten background png file that is inserted.
Just replacing it to a full transparent png file takes about 1 minute tops.

Then they can work on making it optional.
And replace the file again.

2 Likes

Reply number 2 after telling them 2-3 months is to long

3 Likes

Finally got around to having a mess with one of my EufyCam E variations tonight and setup a camera for some test footage…can’t see a watermark on either live, recorded clips in the app or exported clips :confused:

Both Homebase and the camera show at latest FW revisions (Homebase did an update prior to testing also)…

The odd one out, not applicable to the EufyCam E variants or have they removed it quicker than we thought :thinking:

1 Like

Just checked for updates, I have the following version and it still has the watermark.

Cheers, will check versions tomorrow to see if they match revisions…

At first: welcome to the world of euf cam @ndalby ! :+1:
I promise you … you will see the watermark much faster as you want too :rofl:

At first: Tabing on “Check for latest firmware” for the homebase and/or cams may result in something like: “Firmware is up to date”. But as we are in the world of eufy, thats means just NOTHING! Probably its just a lie :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: … In most cases there IS a newer firmware, your homebase and/or cams just havn’t started to download it.

Then you just need to have patience and wait. Once in a while you will get an updated notice.
Be also sure that you have installed the latest app version. My google play sometimes informes me also each days and much too late after/that a new version is available in the store.

Don’t know if the US and EU versions are equal, but for orientation:

My current versions, and i hope they are the most latest:

Homebase: 1.1.0.8 (updated on 2019-07-19)
eufy cams: 1.9.2 (updated on 2019-07-19)
App (android): 1.3.4_280(EU)

While using several original eufy cams and also eufy cams E, be assured that eufy cam E will also have the annoying pixelwasting watermark, see screenshot from one of my eufy cam E’s (old boiling room):

Be also assured that this probably will never happen :laughing:
eufy even needs in emergencie cases or really hardcore bugs several weeks(!) to “hotfix” it!
They also said that it will need up to three months(!) to see if the will remove it or make it optional.

To be honest, i guess “hotfix” and its meaning does not even exist in eufy’s vocabulary :laughing:

hotfix%20meaning%20%20%20Google%20Suche

1 Like

Thanks for the details @yamyam & @ErikNL

Not near my cameras or setup at the moment but from a quick look in my app, the HomeBase is running 1.1.0.8 same as yours but my testing camera is on 1.8.9 not 1.9.2 so the camera has not detected the F/W update yet…so the watermark is applied at camera level rather than on the HomeBase once the clips are stored and/or exported :thinking:

2 Likes

Did you check the System version too?

Yep they were the same as @yamyam & @ErikNL

Applied the 1.9.2 firmware to the camera tonight and presto…a watermark…

2 Likes

Welcome to the club! :woozy_face: See, we would never lie to you!

If necessary we would have made a screenshot, cut the watermark out and sent it to you! :see_no_evil:
Then you could have stuck it on yourself :rofl:

By the way … NOW you are qualified to take part of the survey :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

With firmware v1.9.3 for cameras and v1.1.1.0 for the Base (got them this morning) the watermark is gone.

2 Likes

Eufy security app was updated early this morning to version 1.1.1.0 and cameras to version 1.9.3. The Eufy Security watermark has been turned off. I can’t find the place where you are supposed to be able to turn it on or off in the app.

The major release notes are:

1. Add Snooze function. (Feature is available on the latest App version)

2. Turn off the notification of the schedule mode switching.

3. Modify the eufy Security watermark to be off by default. (Users can select ON/OFF in the App)

4. Fixed the issue that Camera Alarm could cause Anti-Theft Alarm.

5. Optimized system stability

2 Likes

@AnkerOfficial

Thanks

1 Like

@Bo13 and @Maypo52

wow … excellent news! :+1:

After so many bad news and updates in the past, this is a tiny ray of hope :heart_eyes:

But can’t confirm this by now, as Google Play tells me there is no update available for my Eufy Security App yet and also my eufy cams tell me (like always) that the “Firmware is up to date”, even if this is not true with v.1.9.2.

I will have an eye on this and report as soon as my app and cams got updated sometime.
If its true and confirmable, the watermarkgate-shitstorm is officially over :smiling_imp:

@AnkerOfficial, @AnkerSupport, @AnkerTechnical, @ndalby, @TechnicallyWell

• Thanks for listening to our wishes and indirectly acknowledge an error/failure :+1:
  • Also thanks for beeing faster with fixing this issue as we all would ever thought about :+1:
  • Reputation is raising again and hope and trust in the brand is to recover slowly :+1:
  • But do not rest on the laurels, there is still a damn lot to do and fix and improve. So keep up the good and fast work, especially for the working and useful motion detection zones and the range extender :heavy_heart_exclamation:

@all Can anyone with the most current versions please check for me, if the “sound disabled by default bug” at the live streaming is also fixed again?! (after it already has been fixed some months ago and no occurs again, why ever!). Means: Is microphone and sound back enabled by default if starting a live stream?!

Thanks! :kissing_heart: