Eufycam teardown

Good luck!
Keep us informed! :grinning:

It lives

It also lights up & says it’s charging when plugged in but sounds like it’s oscillating at 10-12khz at a guess

Will leave it on charge when I can monitor it better, worse case I’ll put an external charging adapter on & keep it indoors

2 Likes

Lot of good info @Haloweenhamster thanks for sharing :+1:

Hey :slight_smile:
how did you connect the external Antenna? Do you have a few pic’s?
Was it like on the homebase “simple” plug and play or did you had to solder the Antenna adapter?

Thanks!

One of the best threads on this forum :+1:

Has anyone done a teardown of the wireless battery 2K doorbell. Would be interested if the batteries can be replaced to higher capacity ones :wink:

Would definitely love to see a Homebase E teardown to compare with the original Homebase. Maybe the Battery and/or AI chip could be added.

I know this is over a year later, but still curious.

Ansbody knows on how to open an Eufycam E without damaging the housing / shell? Thx

Are there videos at YT?
You could ask there :

https://communitysecurity.eufylife.com/

btw : Why do you want to open it?

Because it stopped working and is dead like a paperweight… i’d try to check if a different battery could be the solution.

Yes this could be.
I am sure the case is not glued.
So you will need a simple plastic tool same when opening phones for “prying”.
(
DONT USE a simple screwdriver and work carefully without any force.
Should be the same surgery as opening other such cases.

Because the battery is “dead” you must give that a try.
GOOD LUCK!

Where would i open it? Any „entry“ points?

This you have to find out by yourself.
I dont know if you are a skilled DIY-tinkerer.
If you have any doubt ask someone who is.
Of course the case consist of parts and can be opened.
There you should take a look. were these parts are put tzo

I dont have such a camera, sorry I cant cove you more hints
And diagnosis’ from far away are more than difficult. :grinning:

Eufy Cam Model E uses the same battery pack but has an electronic strip governing what and how it uses the power stored in 4 18650 battery’s, 2 in series, 2 in parallel thus the capacity listed. Difficult to remove and INFINATLY difficult to find a like replacement. Eufy said 15% discount on another unit after 2 years of service with NONREPLACEABLE OR NON REPAIRABLE BATTERY PACK. I am NOT PLEASED. $150 down the drain. I think I will buy a field camera and set it up to my phone, same thing but RPLACEABLE BATTERY’S and better customer service. Another hard lesson learned!