Eufycam teardown

Hey eufy … bring on the eufy cam range extender and the eufy cam solar panel … :wrench::nut_and_bolt::clamp::hammer::scissors:
@Haloweenhamster needs supplies! :joy:

Great mod I only wish you would have included pictures when attaching the antenna to the circuit board so others who are brave enough could do the same.

1 Like

I was going to but I may have damaged the ground pad & had to solder to the screening can, like I said, all thumbs today
Hope this helps

3 Likes

I just want to reiterate what you said earlier.

Nobody should attempt this mod unless they are highly competent and confident in their soldering ability. preferably this mod should only be attempted when the cameras are out of warranty

@Haloweenhamster did you use silicone to seal around the new antenna hole to keep things watertight?

1 Like

I was a bit more firm with home base

To get PCB out you have to remove the top but you can only get to 6 clips out of 10

Then there’s 2 screws at the top & bottom

The ai is on its own plugin board, wonder if the E is retrofittable

Main board

If there’s any debuggers out there, there’s a uart if you want to play

2 Likes

Yes the cam I wouldn’t recommend playing with, it has lithium batteries which are the last thing to disconnect so you have to work on it live, lithium batteries are asking to explode, don’t give them a reason to

If anyone wants to play then play with the homebase
You disconnect the battery first, easier access to antennas, lots more room, benefits all cameras

2 Likes

Can you point me to the question about eufycam battery?
What is everyone wants to know?

2 Likes

White antenna has turned up

3 Likes

Sure, where we go (with at least my questions about it):

Thanks Dr. Battery @kumar.sachin :kissing_heart:

1 Like

This antenna is soooooo huge, even bigger than the whole cam.
I bet you can receive moon-mouse farts with it, right? :laughing:

I really wonder why you only get one bar better range with it. You should triple the range with this monster. Why is that?

Yes it is longer than the cam, 1 bar was for the one I had laying around, just about to go test this one

2 Likes

The bigger the better! :rofl:

I get it :grinning: @yamyam
Rule of thumb - li-ion in parallel - capacity of individual batteries are added
Batteries in series - voltage adds up
So in this case they have 2p2s
Each battery is 3350mAh
Total capacity - 6700 mAh @7.4 V
Anker should use Wh for specs (Wh always adds up)
Each battery is about 12.xx Wh so for 4 batteries its 4x12.xx = 48.xx Wh

1 Like

Just been for a walk, purple marker stock camera lost connection, red marker modded camera lost connection

Where my garage is (blue marker), stock camera no signal, Bluetooth antenna 1 bar, 5dbi antenna 2 bars

Homebase yellow marker

Now I know it’s all good, I need to seal the front, back & sma

1 Like

Thanks @kumar.sachin ! :+1:

So can you explain or guess why eufy is promoting 13.400 mAh if it is just 6.700 in real?!
Or do i don’t get it? :thinking:

As far as my german brain and my english skills tells me, the total mAh are NOT 13.400, right?
This fits with the “charging experience” i made as 4 hours at 9V and 2A would be around 6.700 mAh, but not 13.400 mAh as this would need a charging time of 6-7 hours at least.

THIS IS AMAZING! :star_struck:

Wow … what a range! :heart_eyes: I bet some micro waves in the neighborhood exploded by the massive radiation as you walked down the street :joy:

So all the hard work and hours of “wasting” lifetime payed out at least. Excellent!

@AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical @AnkerSupport
eufy should take a leaf out of your book :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I am very excited if eufy can reach same results, or even better, with their range extender!

Very nice looks like you tripled the range

1 Like

prod_7770222836 (I know it’s low Res, the 3 antennas are 5dbi, 7dbi & 9dbi)
Think stock might be 1 or 2dbi
9-dbi-7dbi-6dbi-2-dbi-range

Imagine the range with a 9dbi antenna,

DO IT :heart_eyes:

As someone who ain’t technical, and not brave enough to potentially destroy a unit, unless it is already broke, in which case … Fuck it!

I was surprised that none of the bt cams have antenna or an option to add one legitimately (IE a socket for an aerial)

Oh man- YamYam has talked about this SO MUCH. Not sure how you’ve missed it :joy:

1 Like