Eufycam - Having doubts, send product back or keep it

I’ve purchased the Eufycam yesterday and so far it’s OK. I’m not sure if I’m missing some features or if I can’t find them in the app/configuration. Because of that I’m having second thoughts about keeping the camera. Maybe you guys can help me out?

• Is it possible to make motion detection zones?

• Is it right that you can only login on one device each time?
    So logging in on the webportal makes me logout from the app and vica versa? (by the way the web portal is kinda slow to be honest. There isn’t a way to locally access the camera quickly?)

• What are your guys motion settings? It seems to record oddly slow. For example someone walking into the frame and it starts recording when the person almost walked past… My previous (30$ LOL) camera recorded 20 seconds before motion detected and 20 seconds after motion finished.

• Face recognition: can you seriously only attach one photo per ‘nickname’? Why can’t you attach multiple photo’s per person/nickname so the camera has a bigger chance of detecting the right person?

Hope you guys can help me out. I can return it within 30 days with getting full cash back, so I want to make the right decision.

Thanks
Justin

Hi Justin,
When you have purchased this system, I believe you looked into the features and options you will get. And, hope you understand the difference between wired vs wire-free camera system. Here my answers with 6 months of user experience with eufycam system…

Yes, right now there is 1 motion detection zone setting available, eufy is working on multiple/flexible zone settings, so hope its coming in near future.

Yes, and again eufy is working on having multiple device login possibilities.

As the SD card data is incrypted, only way to access the videos is via the APP or portal (if you subscribe to cloud storage [$$], yes I don’t like it either :frowning:)

Depends on your camera angle, etc., mine is at 70 (of 100)[quote=“Livonias, post:1, topic:69051”]
My previous (30$ LOL) camera recorded 20 seconds before motion detected and 20 seconds after motion finished.
[/quote]

I agree, and that is a wired camera :point_up: There will be little bit of time delay, which can get better as eufy is learning, you need to choose between the two.[quote=“Livonias, post:1, topic:69051”]
Why can’t you attach multiple photo’s per person/nickname
[/quote]

the camera will get better at AI as eufy continues to work on algorithm.

Use it for 20 days and then decide. By that time you will have opportunity to test most of the features as well as cam will have opportunity to work on its algorithm.
If it doesn’t work as intended then return :slight_smile:

I would give it a bit more time to test it out. Every camera system is a bit different.

I’ve been watching Eufycam since kickstarter and they have been making improvements. There are some issues but they seem to be getting better.

1 Like

Can’t answer of those questions, BUT…

IF you live in the UK, you have 14 days to trial a product you purchased on the internet. It’s the distance sellers act. It gives you 14 days tomtry something and you can then send back for a full refund.

The item, MUST be in a resellable condition, have all the parts and packaging, order details etc. You must contact the company you wish to send the product back to.

Obviously if the company’s.own.rules excess this, then even better (Argos 30 days to return).

If outside UK, I don’t know what the rules are.

Just a small update here. Decided to send back the Eufycam. It just was missing some features for me right now. Also since I’m someone who checks the camera on regular base, the battery was draining pretty quick. One battery line less within a week.

Decided to go with the Nest IQ Outdoor. A bit more expensive in purchasing and unfortunately it needs a subscription, but on the other hand the quality of the video’s is much higher, face recognition actually works and motion zones are perfect.

Maybe in a few years I’ll switch back to Eufy, but for now there were too many small things that made me unsatisfied.

@Livonias Good luck with your choice. Hope Nest will serve your purpose.