EufyCam App Issues with Family Login

On my system, family members can see live video and recordings for current day only. Selection of previous days is “greyed out” and thus not accessible to family members. I am not sure if this is an intentional limitation or a bug, as it makes no sense to restrict viewing of older recordings.
Family members should also have access to functions such as switching between “home” and “away” modes.
Also, having created a family login for myself using an alternate email address, when I log out and log back in, the shared devices are not visible in the app, which indicates I have no devices. This login previously had access to the shared devices, as intended, but can’t access them now.
The reason for creating a family login for myself is to allow me to use the app on 2 devices (iPhone and iPad) without having to enter a password each time I swap to the alternate device.

1 Like

I am also experiencing this issue as well. I also added family members to my devices but they don’t get push notifications when the cameras picks up motion but I do since I’m the primary account holder. Do you have this issue as well with your family memeber’s accounts?

1 Like

I am having similar issues-- which also leads me to make the following suggestion:
As the system admin (owner) I should be able to open, and keep open, an instance of the Eufy Security App (as owner) on multiple personal devices-- as it stands now I am required to log into the app from different devices–even though they all belong to me. And one other thing-- PLEASE enable fingerprint login for the app.

Yeah, this is really annoying. Please, please improve this.

From a security standpoint (for any computer based system) I can see why this is not present for system admins (or anyone really)…with the admin permissions level , if one of the devices were to become compromised your security system would essentially be pointless…the option of fingerprint login is a good idea and would speed logon’s when moving between devices while maintaining a good level of security…

1 Like

Can you help me how to invite family? Customer support has no clue. From the app, family and guest, add an advanced access, I share base and cameras, send invitations to email address
The new user download the app, log in with the email address that I have invited, then what?

Thanks for you help

Hi, did u get any reply for your issue?.. i ve got same, family cannot receive that invitation, so I cannot share base+cam to anyone

Thanks

Hello! @Marbelup Sincerely apologize for all inconvenience caused! Could you please confirm whether you follow the right steps to share the system?

-Register a new account with the new E-mail address;

-Initiate an invitation via the following step: Slide the left menu and go to Family & Guest>Invite> Admin >Associated device>new E-mail address.

Note: at the current stage, three of guest accounts can be invited to the most.

Sincerely thank you for your valuable time!

I have the same issue. My family member is created as an administrator. But the interface for the family member is slightly different than the primary account. Why is this so??? Is there a work around?

I’ve followed the instruction for the family and guests invite. After receiving the invite from Eufy and the necessary registration of a new account, there is no device to be seen from the guest account. For the invitor, it just show a “waiting” comment. I’ve another security system using Arlo and the procedure for the family and guests invite is similar and have no problem at all. How to get the Eufy invite function to work?

Same here. A family member invited me, and on his phone it shows “Waiting…” I got the email, but when I go to the app, then there is no invite. I have even removed the app entirely, restarted the phone, reinstalled the app, logged in with my email account again, and still: no invite

What may have confused Eufy (althought it should not): Before the family member registered with that EufyCam system, for initial testing the system was registered to my account.

In short: The Family & Guests feature in the app is broken. At this moment, EufyCam is a single user system.

I found that you have to register for the account before the invitation is sent, if the family member cancels the invitation & resends it to the same address then it’ll pop up in your app

Thanks for the suggestion, but that didn’t work. My account existed before the account of the family member who is the primary user of the system. What can be done is calling Anker support and asking them to fix the issue. They had a technician take care of that, and now it works! :smiley:

Tks feklee for the info. My case is exactly like yours as I initially tested d device in Australia using a different wifi account. I’ve email Eufy support & hopefully d family & friends invite function will work.

Has this issue been resolved? I really want to purchase the eufy cam but this is a deal breaker for me since I will need to share the app with my wife and would like for her to also receive notifications.

I’ve bought the eufy cam 2 and invite functionality in the app is still not working.
How come this is not yet fixed? I believe this is definitely not that hard to fix. :thinking:

Hi my husband and I share the devices and I am the primary as he is useless with a computer and I set everything up all went ok and both have access but he has to enter a password every time he wants to view anything which is useless for him because as stupid as it sounds he doesn’t know how to put in a password I have showed him but it’s all too much for a 67 year old . Is there a way I can keep his app logged in without him needing to use a password

I am having the same issue as well. I had 6 cameras, window and door sensors, video doorbell on my house. My wife set up the app first and she has tried to share it with me but it has not worked. I am deployed in Iraq right now so I cannot mess with it at home. The first time she shared it with me I got a notification and a email I clicked on the notification and it took me to the app but there was no invite to accept. We tried this a few time over the course of 48 hours to include I deleted my account and restarted it and had her send another invite. I no longer get notifications only and email telling me to go to the app and accept the invite but it still doesn’t show. Anyone had this issue and if so how did you resolve it.

I do have the same issue with 2 cameras and the base.
My wife does not get any notification after inviting her.
We deleted the app on our devices - unfortunately no success.

Hi all is there any solution on that ?
I still have issue with my partner. I am sending invitation but nothing is poping at his screen to accept being a partner. I noticed in about setting at Eufy security about my application is at US and hers at EU. How can we change location of the application ? I tried some fake gps location but they are not working for either of us. @eufysecurecam can you assist?