EufyCam Android App Cannot Set Timezone

When I try to set the timezone in the Android version of the app, the app shows the spinner and never comes back. I’m assuming this is causing my schedule section of the app to fail but that’s a separate problem that I’ll come back to after I can set the timezone. This app is not ready for prime time.

Hi @TZ1 as the EufyCam has just recently launched different issues will no doubt be found as it get’s wider use from end users. I would suggest you send support@eufylife.com an email with the issues your having so they can look at what is causing the issues and update the app accordingly for all users to benefit…

@TZ1 For a better experience, please emails us @support@eufylife.com so that we can further assist you.

I’m having the same issues as well on Android. I will send an e-mail to support@eufylife.com also. Thanks!

Apparently Eufy pushed another update for the app yesterday. Looks like the time zone problem is fixed. All my cameras show the correct time. I don’t know what else is fixed but I took a screen shot of the update