Eufy Smart Scale C1...Ugh, now I have proof and data to back up the fact that I should lose weight

The eufy Smart Scale C1 Review!

Last year I was fortunate enough to win an awesome prize from an Anker contest that allowed me to get the eufy Smart Scale C1 and the Soundcore Life 2 headphones (which I’ll be reviewing soon). Long story short, life got crazy busy around the holidays, I have 4 kids (some with special needs), and a schedule that hasn’t allowed me to rest much. I am now taking some much needed time to write up my reviews from these products after about 2 months of use. So, please allow me a moment to apologize for slacking and not getting all these reviews in sooner!

Let me start off by saying that this scale is awesome! I have no real way to compare my BMI, body fat, water weight, muscle mass, bone mass, BMR, body fat mass, bone mass, or muscle mass, but it’s had very consistent readings as I’ve watched my weight slowly increase over the last 2 months. It’s a scale and there really isn’t too much to report on other than the fact that I’d totally recommend this to anyone looking for a new scale. The price is right and it gives you so much information about your overall body health. It retails on eufylife.com and Amazon for $30 for the black model and $33 for the white one. Here’s the link to the product page: https://www.eufylife.com/products/variant/smart-scale-c1/T9146011

The app is very helpful and super fast to respond. One of my favorite features is the detailed report of your weigh-in and the handy guide that gives a brief explanation about what “Bone Mass %” is, how it’s calculated, and where you fall on the scale of Low, Normal, or High.

It’s nice to be able to track trends over the course of your recorded weigh-ins. It also has a nice feature to let you add other users to the app, so multiple people can track their weight. I was worried that this might mess up my readings, but if the weight increases or decreases by too much, you’ll get a notification saying that this reading is too high or too low for your profile and you can opt out of registering it with the app. For example, we have a puppy now. I wanted to see how much he’s grown over the last few weeks, so I stepped on the scale, got my weight first, and then grabbed him to weigh myself with him. My weight went up by 9 pounds and the scale knew that couldn’t be right for me. This feature makes it pretty fail-proof when trying to keep track of yourself and not someone else.

The design of the Smart Scale C1 is really sleek and clean. It has a very easy-to-read and bright display and connects almost instantly to your smartphone as long as the app is loaded and bluetooth is already on. Setup took a matter of seconds and it’s still going strong on its first set of 3 AAA batteries.

I’ve attached several screenshots below so you can see exactly how the app works and what it shows.

So, have any of you also tried this scale out? What are your thoughts? Any questions about it or how it functions?

6 Likes

@TheCharneco this is a great review! I really appreciate the screenshots of the app. I did not realize how much the smart scale could actually do. I just thought it was a scale that sent weight data to the phone, but its got so much more going for it.

I also need to lose weight :confounded: I have been working out and eating better but my cheap scale gives me what seems like inconsistent results…it would be nice to be able to connect that to water weight, etc and see whats really going on.

Anyway, great review! This really helped me out.

2 Likes

Thanks for the review, pictures, and app screenshots. I got one of these last year and love it.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing such a detailed review on this eufy Smart Scale! Great job! :clap:

2 Likes

Great review @TheCharneco :thumbsup:

1 Like

Fantastic review :clap:t2::ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Cracking review and pics

I do like that you have shared the detailed screenshots of the information available. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Great review!
As the other comments mention, thanks for the app screenshots. One question/feature request: @AnkerOfficial, It would be amazing if one could not only view the data and stats, but send or share it with a doctor or medical professional. That way, doctors could monitor weight/fat gain, and alert patients if anything was out of the ordinary.

1 Like

Great review makes me think I might get one myself. How does it know what your bone mass muscle weight body fat and water percentages are though? Like over all weight I understand as well as BMI but the rest I don’t understand how it knows that

1 Like

It sends an electrical pulse through the plate and into the body to register and read the density and what not. It’s all done via set parameters

3 Likes

Yeah It’s not a precise measurement. Everyone is different, and the smartscale is probably best thought of as a rough guide rather than a precise instrument. If you’re losing weight, or gaining weight, it will probably reflect that pretty well.

The thing I’m most interested in is how it read visceral fat vs subcutaneous fat. That seems like a pretty wild thing to be able to measure via electrical current alone.

4 Likes

That’s pretty cool

1 Like

The easiest test is to take you belly rind an take a look at it. :joy:
And if you look down at your body and you will not see your feet,
I suppose a scale will not help you, as you will not see the scale as well.

Ohhhhh, I forgot, you have an app to look at! :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Depends on the size of your feet :wink: :laughing:

4 Likes

Awesome review, @TheCharneco! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

1 Like

Great review! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Hahahaha! Good point! Thankfully I can still see my feet…but if I don’t get into shape I’m afraid they will disappear. :laughing:

2 Likes

If someone ever asks if you are in shape and says touch your toes simply pick your foot up and touch your toes and then put it back down. You’re not out of shape if you can still touch your toes😉

LOL! You all crack me up! :rofl:

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words!

@paperairplaneguru, since you can sync it with Apple Health, I bet it’s only a matter of time before you can share that data with doctors…providing you have an iOS device. All the data and stats have been great to have though. I don’t understand most of them, but it’s nice to get an idea of what my body is doing it and then try to get into that “Normal” range.

@fhassm, LOL! That’s the best part of it! If you have difficulties seeing the scale, or your feet, just use the app as a second display! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: