Eufy security has been running in the background

Why, every time I close my camera app, does it say eufy security has been running in the background?? How can I make it stop giving me that message???

1 Like

Unsure…

1. What device are you using? and OS?

Apple, Android or another such as window or etc

You can try some of the simple things.

1. Restart your phone. It could fix any little errors.

2. Is any update for the phone, or apps? Update them.

3. Is this a recent issue or a long term issue? I would see if you can remember what was done during that time. If you downloaded say a file, could potentially move that off the phone and /or delete it

4. Can also delete some of the app data to see if that is working or force stop the use of the app or go to the camera app and change permissions to see if that may help as well.

I would think the first one may be the easiest to try.

Worse case is you may try to uninstall the eufy app and see if it still does it before and after it is reinstalled.

Then I would contact Eufy support for additional help if needed.

I absolutely appreciate your help but I have tried every single one of those things. This is a recent development and it’s driving me mad.

4 Likes

Same thing started happening with me and eufy is now causing a huge amount of battery drain. I recently got my HomeBase 3 connected to my Wall Lights so not sure if that is the culprit. I am supposedly using the beta version of the app too, even though I don’t think the app ever updated.

4 Likes

This is a new thing and it never used to do that. I saw something when I googled about the battery drain. I guess I need to pay attention to my battery usage.

2 Likes

I would contact Anker support, they should be able to assist.

3 Likes

The battery drain is probably an issue with the update but you should be able to put the application into deep sleep when you’re not using it to stop battery drain.

Go to your settings and search sleep

2 Likes

I think it’s because the app is exempt from the standby buckets shown below. Although I have a few other apps which are exempt as the are needed to be always running in the background and they don’t show a message.

ACTIVE
WORKING SET
FREQUENT
RARE
RESTRICTED

https://developer.android.com/topic/performance/appstandby#:~:text=Working%20set%3A%20App%20is%20in,or%20may%20exhibit%20undesirable%20behavior.

2 Likes

Any updates on this? I’ve noticed my battery has been trash lately and I thought it was an Android update, but I started noticing this stupid alert around the same time as my battery going south… And today I had it paused most of the time and my battery has been much better.