Eufy Robovac L70 hybrid battery 24v

We have had this L70 for a little over a year, it stopped working one day while cleaning, when we put it on its base it shows it’s charging, and the app says 100% charged but when you hit clean button on unit or in app it moves back a cm and dies, and won’t light up again until you place it on its base. Can’t reset it. Firmware is up to date. thought it was the battery but find it odd that it died instantly and not a slow death. So I took the battery out and test voltage. Label states 16.8v and I show over 24v! Which I hear is dangerously high for this type of battery. Does the 18650 battery over charge at the end of its life or is the vac or charger over charging. I think the vac dies instantly when we hit clean because of a fail safe in the unit for over voltage. I contacted eufy but have not heard back yet. I am afraid to waste money on a new battery if the vac is overcharging it.!

Have you tested the output of the charger?
Is you voltmeter working properly?

Wall charging unit is good, label states 24v and that is what my voltmeter reads. Voltmeter is good. Eufy said the battery is bad, it should be at 16.8v at fully charged and sent me a new one for $45, installed that a few days ago and so far it’s good to go. I’ll report back if it acts up again.

Hello

I am having the same issue. I had a dead battery that was always charging battery and replaced it with a generic model. This issue has started since new battery connected. It goes about 20 cm then just dies…

The new battery from Eufy still going strong, contact them for a new one.

You should test this “generic” battery.
Often those don’t have the power which is published.

Test it and return it.
if there it has not the power which is said on the label.

An original spare battery from EUFY should do.

THanks, I will. Now I just have to try and source a genuine …

If there is only one element of that generic battery block defective it can be swapped easily.
Original batteries can be bought at amazon or from the EUFY shop.
There is a category where spare parts can be found.